By dumpedandstranded - 15/10/2009 20:19 - Canada

Today, I flew to Mexico with my (now ex) boyfriend of two years. It was my first time flying, and apparently I have a fear. I had a panic attack on the plane. When we landed, I got dumped for "causing a scene." I am now stranded in Mexico alone for two weeks with no hotel room booked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 840
You deserved it 5 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TriniRockStar 0

he's a duche he dumped you because you had a panic attack

satanstoystore 0

this is a win. you now know his true colors. better to know now then when youre deeply committed (kids, mortgage, retirement etc).

Comments

I'd have dumped you too. Learn to control your emotions next time. Plus there is no way you can get stranded in Mexico when all you have to do to get some cash and a nice room for the night is do a little hooking.

daniivanity 0

All of you saying you would have dumped her too are obviously extremely stupid and huge assholes. Panic attacks are a disorder. The fears can sometimes be irrational to everyone else but to that person they are very real and often times caused by a traumatic event in the person's past. So NO it would ******* NOT be her fault. Do not tell her to simply 'get over it' because its not that easy. How about instead of her 'getting over it', you get the **** over yourself. Educate yourself about things before you speak or else you'll come off like a prick. Her fear of flying may be related to acrophobia, the fear of heights. Phobias are widely accepted in the scientific community as a problem and not something you can get over easily. So unless you have your PHD, shut the **** up. OP, I am so sorry this happened to you. That's awful. You deserve a better man who isn't an idiot and actually has emotions. I hope everything worked out/works out for you. If you by chance see him walking in the street one day while you're driving, be sure to run his ass down. :D

ozymandias_fml 0

I'm sorry you don't understand what being an adult is. Part of being an adult is controlling yourself. Being afraid of things is normal -- everyone fears something to some extent. What is not normal, or adult, is failing to control yourself while afraid. So what if you are afraid of flying? Sit down, shut up, take a deep breath, and deal. Like an adult. Do not pretend to have a panic attack for attention. There is no need. If you have a panic attack, it is perfectly reasonable for your significant other to be disgusted by your antics and decide that they no longer see you as part of their future life. I wouldn't. I also see no future in a relationship with a drama queen, a bed-wetter, or a girl that craps herself in public. I simply do not find that attractive. What I find even less attractive would be someone pretending I have no right to be unattractive to unattractive behaviour. You crossed a line when you lost control of yourself -- it's hard to blame your BF. Hell, we only got to see one side of the story -- the OPs, and even in her own story she is an immature, panicky, selfish wench. I might bang her if she was cute -- hell I might keep banging her if she was good -- but I would never consider her worth marrying.

I'm afraid you don't understand what a panic attack is. People take MEDICINE for that shit. I can also understand if someone doesn't want to deal with a person who has these sorts of mental issues (not that flying comes up much in daily life), but it is incredibly tactless to strand someone in a foreign country when you know that you don't accommodations booked.

ozymandias_fml 0

People take 'medicine' for restless leg syndrome. So? Does that make it a serious problem that they can't be adult about and control without resorting to meds?

mojo143 0

I agree with # 44 you guys. When an FML is posted this is what the website tells you: An anecdote always starts with Today and ends with FML. There are no taboo subjects, feel free to express yourself. - CAUTION: Read your message over. Please don't use text language and avoid making too many spelling mistakes. - If your story isn't published on the website, don't feel offended, and thank you nevertheless! you have to start with today so :P stop hating.

ChunAsperEndao 0

Sounds like a wonderful adventure. I'm envious.

i'm from alberta and he sounds like most guys in alberta would do. stay in mexico and date someone decent. =)

Sorry to hear that... I live in Cabo and trust me, I've seen that before. I don't know what part of Mexico you are (were) but you have a friend if I can be of any help.... [email protected]

stranger danger anyone? You may have good intentions but you come across as a rapist.

Find a hot mexican to stay with then you'll fall in love and not want to go home therefore not have to go in a plane again :)

jetranger778 0

just out of curiosity, did you sue him or something after that? Actually go to his favorite bar and dump a can of paint or something on his head while he hooks up with another girl. Just suggesting. :)

X0WestyX0 0

wow what a douche! one he shouldn't have broken up w/ you for that reason two he shouldn't have jsu t left you alone if i was you i would have chased him down and beat the crap out of him >XD