Enjoy yourself, I guess

By Anonymous - 15/02/2017 01:00 - Spain - Las Palmas

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the airport for some much needed vacation time. We arrived on time but were stopped at the gate when they told me I didn't have the right passport. The plane left without me. My girlfriend did too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 625
You deserved it 1 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know, if I had paid for a (likely expensive) plane ticket and was looking forward to some much needed vacation time, I think it would be kind of selfish of someone to ask me not to go because they didn't make the proper preparations. Financially it also makes sense for her to go so that they only end up paying for one additional ticket, not two. So she goes ahead, and OP can reschedule the flight and join her when he gets his stuff in order. Next time he'll be more careful.

Talis99 26

That really sucks. Should have double checked beforehand if you didn't.

Comments

That is really messed up. Unless she had no choice but to leave due to circumstances not described in the post, I would consider breaking up, or at the least talking it over with her.

I don't know, if I had paid for a (likely expensive) plane ticket and was looking forward to some much needed vacation time, I think it would be kind of selfish of someone to ask me not to go because they didn't make the proper preparations. Financially it also makes sense for her to go so that they only end up paying for one additional ticket, not two. So she goes ahead, and OP can reschedule the flight and join her when he gets his stuff in order. Next time he'll be more careful.

This sounds like someone whom has seperation and controlling issues. Verbal domestic abuse I'm sure is evident with this mind set.

Talis99 26

That really sucks. Should have double checked beforehand if you didn't.

Unless you discussed it with your girlfriend before hand and let her leave without you. I would find it very strange that she didn't stay behind with you. Like others have said, a talk would be needed with her 1-on-1.

Most likely this didn't even happen. it's impossible to "have the wrong passport"

unless he accidentally brought an old expired one? and whats what he means by wrong?

Well...no reason she should have to miss out because you can't get your shit together. Maybe she'll send you a nice post card.

or a picture of her and the guy she meets there. ?

Precisely. His mistake for not making sure. I've traveled international before. Why should she miss out too?

LittleRed79 39

I have to ask...exactly how many passports do you actually HAVE that you were able to mistakenly bring the wrong one?

He may like me, have two passports One for Work and one for Vacations. If he has a job which sends him worldwide he will need a separate one as some countries won't let you in if you have/had a Visa in your passport from another country they don't get along with politically. Or maybe he renewed it recently and he grabbed the old one instead of the new one

Talk about a double standard. There was another FML similar to this not too long ago but the genders were reversed. everyone said what an ass hole the guy was for still leaving without the wife or girlfriend.

Women can do no wrong, didn't you know that? Hahah! Both times the person was an asshole. Most airlines cab allow you to switch flights so the guy could have gotten the right passport. She was selfish and same for the other post whose man left without her.

Vampirequeen346 8

Well she isn't a very loyal girlfriend if she literally leaves without you? Like who does that? If I were in this situation and my boyfriend couldn't come, of course I would stay behind with him, there would be no way I would leave without him

mcruff 12

Do you have more than one passport? Did you bring your purple one when you should've brought the blue one?