By Anonymous - 16/04/2009 01:22 - United States

Today, I decided to snack on some MandM's. I saw my dog sniffing something and realized one of my MandM's had fallen on the floor. To prevent my dog from eating the chocolate, I hurriedly snatched the MandM off the ground and ate it. When I bit down, I realized it wasn't an MandM. It was a dead beetle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 900
You deserved it 60 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MKC_fml 0

snatching it off the floor so your dog doesn't eat it....good. Popping it in your mouth before looking at it....not so good.

And the worst part? A dog wouldn't get sick from a single M&M.

Comments

Yeah, #57 said pretty much everything. :S It doesn't matter about the "three second rule" to me. When something hits the floor, it's still picking up bacteria and germs on the ground that people walk on... it's a mystery to know what kind of bacteria live on the floor. Especially when you have a dog. That has excited pee. Anyway, should've looked at the M&M to see what colour it was before you ate it and found out the hard way it was a bug. :D

THATS GOOD FOR YOU! who the hell eats off the ground! weirdo!

#20 youre dumb! all dogs are allergic to chocolate! chocolate can KILL a dog! why dont you google it instead of being on FML all day! FYL for being so dumb and F your dog's life if you have one! youve probably been feeding him chocolate and wondering why hes having seizures!

Lmao you sound highly uneducated. It takes a lot of chocolate to kill a dog and it's only dark chocolate and bakers chocolate that effects them. Any other type of chocolate is fine, in moderation. Just like people. I wouldn't suggest feeding it to your dog but if it gets into it they will be fine. I'm a vet tech and an animal cop and a shelter volunteer, trust me I know all about what dogs should and should not eat. I own 4 dogs myself.

tilt_fml 0

ever eaten in a Restaurant or fast food place? you HAVE eaten stuff off the floor...trust me. :)

... White chocolate: 200 ounces per pound of body weight. It takes 250 pounds of white chocolate to cause signs of poisoning in a 20-pound dog, 125 pounds for a 10-pound dog. Milk chocolate: 1 ounce per pound of body weight. Approximately one pound of milk chocolate is poisonous to a 20-pound dog; one-half pound for a 10-pound dog. The average chocolate bar contains 2 to 3 ounces of milk chocolate. It would take 2-3 candy bars to poison a 10 pound dog. Semi-sweet chocolate has a similar toxic level. Sweet cocoa: 0.3 ounces per pound of body weight. One-third of a pound of sweet cocoa is toxic to a 20-pound dog; 1/6 pound for a 10-pound dog. Baking chocolate: 0.1 ounce per pound body weight. Two one-ounce squares of bakers' chocolate is toxic to a 20-pound dog; one ounce for a 10-pound dog. It takes ALOT of chocolate to kill a dog, I'm sure one m&m wouldn't do anything.

There's no such thing as the 10 second rule, dude.

The beetle is a healthier snack than an M&M.

summersong89 0

#2...i completely agree. however, ONE M&M will not hurt your dog, trust me.

We have a saying here that in english would sound like "what doesn't kill you, makes for food". A lot of cultures have bugs as a part of everyday life.. ..just put some honey on it next time :P

GabriLee 0

My goodness, Maybe you guys bashing about the floor M&M just don't clean your floors enough. Maybe they JUST washed the floor. Bacteria is everywhere. Stop living in a freaking bubble. Have you ever... fell outside? Cause if you go home and sit on the couch, the bacteria gets there. Would you eat an M&M off the couch? I sure as heck would. Or how about dropped the mail and then put it on the kitchen table? Bacteria spread. I'd eat an M&M off the kitchen table. Or how about used a dollar bill to buy a bag of M&Ms at the store and then eaten the M&Ms in the car. Dollar bills are freaking disgusting. I would not eat an M&M off a dollar bill. There are germs everywhere, and that's why we have antibodies: so we don't die if we get one germ from eating an M&M off the floor at our own house which we know is clean. Get off your high horse you germ freaks. The day you tell me you've never eaten something off the floor is the day I call you a big fat liar.