By Anonymous - 16/04/2009 01:22 - United States

Today, I decided to snack on some MandM's. I saw my dog sniffing something and realized one of my MandM's had fallen on the floor. To prevent my dog from eating the chocolate, I hurriedly snatched the MandM off the ground and ate it. When I bit down, I realized it wasn't an MandM. It was a dead beetle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 900
You deserved it 60 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MKC_fml 0

snatching it off the floor so your dog doesn't eat it....good. Popping it in your mouth before looking at it....not so good.

And the worst part? A dog wouldn't get sick from a single M&M.

Comments

lolwhat_fml 0

Cant you tell that chocolate doesnt have legs? and a head ?! wtf xD

Chantal1 0

Thats my worst nightmare..now.

you dumbass, you don't eat m&m's off the floor that your dog has been sniffing so you definitely deserved it.

Quinnjamin 0

That would've been worth it if for some reason you were eating an onion and dropped some of it.

Aflacduck 0

People are so stupid. DOGS ARE NOT "ALLERGIC" TO CHOCOLATE. There's a chemical in chocolate that is difficult for a dog to digest. That being said, no matter the dog size, a single M&M would have done NOTHING AT ALL. Dogs are actually much better at eating chocolate than people think, it's only large amounts (depending on dog size) that can cause problems.

FMLisshat 0

So do you swallow the beetle after you realize what it is, or spit it out and face the thing that was just in your mouth?

I have to agree with #87. As a veterinarian, I can say first hand that the whole lethal chocolate fear is a myth. Chocolate come from the cocoas plant and straight cocoa is a drug, even for people. If we were to give a dog straight cocoa, yes, it would certainly kill them- it would be like giving them cocaine or speed. But we as humans also can't ingest straight cocoa without feeling ill-effects and therefore, all of the chocolate that we eat is in very diluted forms. The darker the chocolate is, the higher percentage of cocoa is in it. If a dog were to eat a single M & M, or a whole bag for that matter, all they would develop would be a taste for your candy and no death would come of it. However, if you gave them a whole pack of baker's chocolate or a whole can of cocoa powder, that could prove very harmful (although my thirty pound dog got into a can of cocoa powder and lived to tell the tale...). I hope this clears the misconceptions up!

JackFrost 0

If your dog was "sniffing" a piece of chocolate that was on the floor, why would you immediately eat it? It's a freaking M&M, just throw it away. Your dog isn't going to leap through the air to grab it if you don't instantly stuff it in your mouth. Fail.