By Anonymous - 23/03/2009 20:42 - United States

Today, I decided to play a joke on my boyfriend and planned to pretend that I found a thong in his gym bag. When he came home, I "confronted" him. After struggling through putting on my best face, he, unexpectedly confessed: "Look, babe, I'm sorry. It meant nothing." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 508
You deserved it 94 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tried to play a joke, or tried to test him and then he failed?

I mean, what did you expect? Best case scenario, you piss off your boyfriend by pulling a stunt like that. Worst case, you find out he's cheating on you. Sorry, kinda your fault.

Comments

1. Cheating is always wrong. 2. Why would you f*** with a relationship by playing stupid mind games like that? That's ridiculous.

Extremely ******* stupid thing to pull. In the unlikely event that this doesn't COMPLETELY backfire, your boyfriend would at best give a "WTF?!", and then if you had an ounce of common sense you wouldn't carry the "prank" past that. Otherwise the poor guy would be left to stammer in disbelief and try to plead that he doesn't know how it got there and that he hasn't been cheating, presumably while you stand there and try to make it worse by acting furious and screaming at him. And then fess up while laughing at his grief. Cheating is disgusting, but then you got what was coming to you by thinking this was a good idea.

Today, I wore a thong to the gym. My girlfriend found the thong in my gym bag, got angry and broke up with me. FML

effthis 0
Demetra_fml 0

Glad you know the truth now; the downer is you didn't expect it. Maybe you should work on your idea of what a joke is...

Your fault for being 'that psycho girlfriend.' Not surprising he cheated on you if you pull shit like that.

I find myself in agreement with a few others that he may be fooling you as well -- while you might think it's a "harmless joke" I bet he felt more than a little hurt by your accusation. I mean, if you planted the thong, he's lying that it's someone else's! If this is a joke, then it's one that you don't find funny -- and I think he's subtly saying that he didn't find your prank funny either. It's not a guarantee that he's cheating on you. Seriously though? Talk to him about it. Good communication is always good for a relationship, as is HONESTY and TRUST. You may be able to salvage it yet, even if he is cheating. (Of course, if it continues you're best breaking it off.)