By Poly24 - 27/08/2013 10:32 - France - La Courneuve

Spicy
Today, I could hear my daughter playing with her Barbie dolls in her room. "Do you think your boss will agree to give you a raise?", she said. "Of course, we slept together!" My daughter is six. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 119
You deserved it 8 909

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always thought Barbie was a ***** who would sleep her way to the top. Now I have definitive proof.

And this is why Barbie has been had soooo many different careers ;) haha

Comments

She must have learned it from somewhere. Tv maybe?

Everyone's freaking about about "no hope for the next generation" but in my experience kids often hear things like that on TV and such and repeat it verbatim without really knowing what it means.

That's true. However, my parents controlled what I watched, and I believe more parents used to do that than do now.

I agree, children know all the words to vulgar rap songs, watch reality tv shows & these are the results.I wasnt allowed to do certain things, my youngest sister is 13 & my mom doesnt let her watch/wear/listen to alot of the stuff thats available to children these days.Shes not allowed to have a fb or instagram & my mom bought her a flip phone! in my opinion thats good because there are a lot of 13 yr old that you cant even tell are 13! Its your household & your children, you have to take charge & a lot of parents dont.

It's not just the media that children can learn these things from. You can banish every bad influence from tv, clothing, radio and the internet but they'll still pick things up. If they go to a school/nursery they can pick these things up from other children and even walking past someone talking on the street can teach children words and phrases that you'd never use at home. My daughter learnt an assortment of swear words at 2 years old after walking past a couple arguing. Did she know what they meant? Of course not, she was just repeating what she heard. Everyone freaking out about how sexualized this kid is needs to consider whether she understood the implication of what she said. For all we know "sleeping with the boss" could mean exactly that:they slept in the same bed.

mimiminx 23

Everyone knows Barbie doesn't work! She gold-digs off Ken!

Then why does she have so many working-girl outfits, huh?

I definitely think she's too old for Barbie Dolls if she's spouting that!

I don't know, I did some crazy shit with my Barbie dolls at her age too

Wizardo 33

Well she's 6 and she knows the ways of the corporate world, double edged sword but she's smart at least.

Sounds like a Kardashian in the making.

Something I've learned from having a kid: They'll come up with horrifying things that you swear they MUST have seen on TV, but once you talk to them you realize it's something they worked out logically on their own. There's a reason humans are the way they are. All the things adults do doesn't just magically appear in our heads the moment we turn 18. That being said, I'll bet anything the OPs daughter doesn't know "slept with" means sex. Kids are horrifying but still often totally innocent. It's an interesting mix.

noelykins1 19

In turn I'm going to have I disagree with your last statement. Knowing myself and plenty of my peers growing up. At around 6 I too knew what sex, slept worth, and many other things meant. I'd never say I knew what they meant to my parents but I did know what it meant. This may seem extremely weird but think about it when did you not know what sex was? When parents try to give the birds and the bees story the kids know what they're talking about but the parents are filling in the details that they don't know. And now a days kids are out there at six getting boyfriends and girlfriends, sharing first kisses. It's crazy. I mean back then we thought about it but by no means did anything. But kids are not innocent. Especially not now. 12 year olds having babies. This is no surprise.

I'm sorry, but I sincerely doubt the daughter worked this out logically, I believe she learned it more from our sexistic society. Would she let Ken sleep with his boss for a raise? Edit, 29, your generalisation is dumb. Like kids didn't share a kiss before this century :'')

Just read the story again. If OP is repeating her kid's words verbatim then obviously she's a very intelligent 6 year old. Its very possible she took what she heard and saw on TV and such, and.logically figured it out.

12 year olds having babies really isn't that new... just look at human history. "Waiting for marriage" historically only really applied to females, it was man's way of controlling females, and also because of the lack of birth control and the spread disease. Today while 12 is very young, the answer to preventing pregnancy is proper education, which in North America where it should be everywhere is actually rather rare.

Actually, I didn't have a clue what sex was at that age. And when my mom gave me the birds and the bees talk the first time (I asked where babies came from and my mom believed in being honest), I thought she was making it up because I couldn't imagine anything more absurd!

jw90 18

Time to take away the barbies and give her back the coloring books.

This is nothing compared to my neighbor, she had Barbie's boyfriend cheat on her with her daughter along with other inappropriate things. Kids have wild imaginations.