By ohai95 - 08/08/2012 00:11 - United Kingdom - Worthing

Today, I came out to my parents. I don't really fit any stereotype, I'm just an average guy who happens to be into guys. Ten minutes later, I overheard my mother say to my step-dad, "Should we redecorate his room pink?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 968
You deserved it 6 396

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

I hate it when people give in to stereotypes. Good for you for coming out though.

Comments

Some people cope with surprising news by using inappropriate humor. At least they didn't call you a fairy and throw you out of the house.

However misguided they are trying to be supportive just laugh it off like she's making a joke & tell what u really like. If ur not upfront about it you'll end up with a lot of awkward moments. Like comming home to a pink bedroom.

KingCeltic77 18

Here's what I say. They thought that you were manly and all before you came out( you still are). The thing that a lot of people don't get is that you're still the same cool guy, who just happens to like guys. And I'm fine with that. Unless you're a Vikings fan. Those sickos.

corysgirl1206 1

Ok that's just adorable if you ask me!!!

Unless they were being sarcastic, at least they seem to be somewhat supportive. They could have been saying "should we redecorate his room pink after we toss his ass out on the street?"

You should have walked in and with your best overly "gay" voice said, "well yessssss, we should!" Then maybe after you had a laugh, explain that none of your other "man" interests have changed.

At least your out and they aren't kicking you out or anything. Haha but pink that's a little much.

Congratulations on coming out. I guess they really don't understand the difference between the stereotype and you

countrygirl626 16

Ironically, pink used to actually be considered a manly color instead of a girly color.