By ohai95 - 08/08/2012 00:11 - United Kingdom - Worthing

Today, I came out to my parents. I don't really fit any stereotype, I'm just an average guy who happens to be into guys. Ten minutes later, I overheard my mother say to my step-dad, "Should we redecorate his room pink?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 968
You deserved it 6 396

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

I hate it when people give in to stereotypes. Good for you for coming out though.

Comments

JonahCullen 3

Sorry about that... But the pink comment was hilarious!

Yeliab333 20

Wow that's mean I can't believe she said that but u r so brave for coming out

Well.... Should they??? Maybe make little penis chandelier to hang over your bed?

Well congrats on coming out, and perhaps she was trying to be supportive? When my uncle came out to my great-grandmother, she used to make him jewelry and buy him makeup for "when he went to the gay clubs". Obviously she was a little confused about the gay thing, but she tried her best; hopefully this is the case in your situation.

Dude, if that's the worst of it you've got it made. Do you have any idea how many parents disown their their kids when they come out?

Your mom is a ******* retard. Not all gay guys are into pink. Hell, 99% of the gay guys i know aren't.... They also are not mega interior decorators.

And you were thinking they should indeed

Talk to her some more and tell her things don't have to change. As reactions go, it's better than rejection or anger but it sounds like she just needs some education.

At least they aren't trying to put you into therapy to "fix" your being gay. A lot of people are ignorant about what it means to be gay. We are just as varied as straight people when it comes to personality. Be glad she is ignorant about that rather than the completely unaccepting.