By ohai95 - 08/08/2012 00:11 - United Kingdom - Worthing

Today, I came out to my parents. I don't really fit any stereotype, I'm just an average guy who happens to be into guys. Ten minutes later, I overheard my mother say to my step-dad, "Should we redecorate his room pink?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 968
You deserved it 6 396

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

I hate it when people give in to stereotypes. Good for you for coming out though.

Comments

I think their reaction was pretty mild actually. I know people who's parents reacted violently to the same situation. Be grateful they care enough about you to accept you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cause that's not rude, at all. *rolls eyes*

No. Just no. You failed so badly I don't really know what to say besides this.

Congrats on coming out :) Be glad they accept you, even if your parents are stereotyping you a bit. That will probably go over soon. Maybe she was even joking.

If one of my (hopefully future) kids were to come out, I might joke like that to my husband as well. Good way to lighten up the situation ^^

Unfortunately, your parents fit the stereotype of 'parents of gay person who ignore the evidence of X many years and decide that you've magically turned into the campest guy who ever camped'. Sorry to hear that, OP. Hopefully your parents wont make a sudden trip to B&Q.

slimshadey 5

I heard pink was originally a boy's color

Congrats on coming out! You just need to give them time, even though they should know your still the same person as before you told them.

It's good that they're okay with your sexuality but it's a shame they feel the need to conform to stereotypes.

I never got why pink would be a gay or girl or whatever colour. ... now I have to go do some research about it or I'll never sleep again.

Before the 20th Century, pink was considered more a boy's color and blue was considered to be more "girly", but really it's a rather modern thing to connect colors like this with gender.

blink_kid 32

I think putting up with a pink room is fine as long as they're accepting you for who you are.