By ohai95 - 08/08/2012 00:11 - United Kingdom - Worthing

Today, I came out to my parents. I don't really fit any stereotype, I'm just an average guy who happens to be into guys. Ten minutes later, I overheard my mother say to my step-dad, "Should we redecorate his room pink?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 968
You deserved it 6 396

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

I hate it when people give in to stereotypes. Good for you for coming out though.

Comments

I always seem to fall for you average-guy gay guys. When i find out, I'm always disappointed to look down and not have my own pair of dangly kiwis. Can you guys be a little more flamboyant so that I don't fall for you?? Please??

#42 No we all can't be flamboyant. We just be who we are. Not our fault you fall for gay men.

Hey, maybe lesbians look at you and say, "Damn! Why is she straight?"

59 - Well, duh! Haha, just kidding. 57 - B-bu-but gay guys always smell so good and are dressed so well with the most beautiful hair and are so affectionate and always say the right things and open doors and always try to get to know me instead of getting into my pants and they're funny and witty and damnit it's not fair! Hmph! At least tell me how to distinguish you average-guy gay guys from hetero average guys.

jaredofmo 22

Sorry. Fact is, you never know who might be one because being gay isn't being camp, it's embracing who you are. A fair number of gay men don't get noticed because they don't look gay.

BeThePanda 1

I don't think anyone is noticing you were joking. I did!

I think you answered your own question. Gay guys dress great and don't try to get in your pants. How have you not figured this out yet?

126-You're right. *sigh* I love guys who get to know me and dress well. Hetero males, take note. A little cologne and conversation goes a long way.

lelo007 11

I agree with some of the other commenters here. They didn't disown you, and that is wonderful! They just probably had no clue what to do because it is something they didn't expect. Just be patient with them and everything will be just fine :)

When my cousin came out to his parents they asked him if he wanted to start wearing dresses and stuff. And worst part, she was serious. :/

Nice parents.Play your cards right and you could get a whole new room out of this. Don't forget the 3D TV.

But think about it! She's willing to redecorate your whole room even though she was being stereotypical but still, it's the thought that counts.

At least they accept you. :) Congratulations on coming out. That takes major guts. And in the stereotype thing, at first glance you would never guess I was also into girls. You just have to sit and talk to them about this.

That's just her way of showing she supports you :)

Haha my mother reacted in a similar way. XD They are just trying to grasp the fact I think.

At least she's trying. She may be stereotyping, but there are far worse ways she could have reacted. Good for you for coming out though!