By Anonymous - 28/12/2009 12:08 - United States

Today, I came home from a year long backpacking trip in Europe. During my absence my parents divorced, dad took the house and most of the money, sister is seven months pregnant, brother was arrested for statutory rape, and my mom pawned all my stuff to buy booze to "cope." Oh, and my fish died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 382
You deserved it 5 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that'll teach you to stay the hell away from Europe. But seriously, would things have been different if you stayed? Be glad you didnt have to live through it all.

...Wait. Your sister is pregnant. Your brother is arrested for rape. ... Dude, FYL for having an incestuous family!

Comments

shutyourmouth 0

did you really expect your fish to survive that long?

Fritz1130 0

Backpacking usually means that you go hiking INTO THE WILDERNESS, GENERALLY AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION OR OUTSIDE OF MOST PHONE COMPANIES SIGNAL RANGE!!! You will have an akward, uncomfortable, large backpack on, MAKING IT HARD TO ACCESS YOUR CELL PHONE EVEN IF YOU DID HAVE SERVICE FROM AN AMERICAN NETWORK!!! And why would you go to all the trouble to do this? TO GET AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION!!! Sure, you would contact your family every now and then, but why would they ruin your trip in Europe by telling you? That doesn't mean that it was ok for them not to tell you, but it makes sense. Seriously, people! THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OP, you in no way deserved this, FYL. And you should've pawned some of your moms stuf, remember: an eye for an eye...

In Europe there's GSM coverage pretty much everywhere. I think the problems are either the battery (if you don't have a solar charger in the wilderness, you won't make phone calls...), or that OP has a CDMA phone.

Fritz1130 0

Backpacking involves camping. You don't go camping in highly populated cities.

LaVelle 0

This sounds like a movie, or a sitcom episode. Not necessarily implying I don't think it's true, but it totally does.

sweetbiotch88 0

Fuckkk the debates on this, sorry dude,whether real or fake,that must suck sour vagballzzzz.

anyapersad 0

Wow! That REALLY sucks! I'd move out for good if I were you! Well, I believe you, but it DOES sound like a sitcom. Maybe you could write a tv show and become rich? I hope things get better! :(

With a family like that, I can totally see why you left in the first place. You might want to consider staying away, in fact. XD

Well there is one benefit to all this. You will probably never have a worse day so when something shitty happens think at least its better than today