By Anonymous - 28/12/2009 12:08 - United States

Today, I came home from a year long backpacking trip in Europe. During my absence my parents divorced, dad took the house and most of the money, sister is seven months pregnant, brother was arrested for statutory rape, and my mom pawned all my stuff to buy booze to "cope." Oh, and my fish died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 382
You deserved it 5 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that'll teach you to stay the hell away from Europe. But seriously, would things have been different if you stayed? Be glad you didnt have to live through it all.

...Wait. Your sister is pregnant. Your brother is arrested for rape. ... Dude, FYL for having an incestuous family!

Comments

alinatee123 0

My advice...go find your dad, seeing as he took the house & the money he can replace all the shit your mom sold & he can buy you another fish. Either that, or grab your backpack & go back to Europe...it's probably for the best.

kim1551 0

so your brother was arrested for rape and your sisters 7 months pregnant....hmmm is anyone else seeing teh connection?

paladininwaiting 1

soooo...Europe was great, huh?

theredheadthree 9

Sorry about your family having so much trouble. But really, you probably should have come home from your vacation when you started to hear about everything going to sh*t. It's kinda selfish that you either: A) didn't bother to stay in contact with your family for a full year, or B) decided that your fun was worth more to you than helping your family cope. You probably couldn't have prevented what happened (well, except for your mom pawning your stuff and the fish dying), but I bet it would have meant a lot to your family members that you cared enough to come home.

boatkicker 4

Perhaps OP did keep in touch, and his parents/siblings lied to him. Even if it sounded a little bit suspicious, they probably wouldn't have flown home if his family claimed that everything was fine.

MzRodriquez95 0

Damn that sucks FYL indeed but do you think it would have made a difference if you stayed. Think about it.

laurabloodycasin 0

I spent a year on soccer tour. Didn't call but once, only because my coach made me.

why is it sister being pregnant a bad thing?

dramanerd08 5

What do you expect a year is a long time.... did you expect the world to stop and stay the SAME just because you left? not likely.

newsgit 0

Well, not the same, but I wouldn't have expected it to go to Hell.

xdrumkid101x 0

FYL. Oh, and anybody that said YDI on this are all trolls, or just faggots with no life.