By anonymous - 01/12/2016 16:00 - United States - Saint Paul

Today, my family was watching a football game and kept mentioning their team's quarterback's name and, as I'm not a football fan by any means, asked them who this was. My grandma then turned to me and said, "This is why you don't have a boyfriend." FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 366
You deserved it 1 300

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm a guy and not a fan of football. Your granny and I could never date.

Tell her the reason you don't have a boyfriend is because you don't put out and check out her reaction.

Comments

I'm a guy and not a fan of football. Your granny and I could never date.

Tell her the reason you don't have a boyfriend is because you don't put out and check out her reaction.

I know my team's quarterback's name and I'm single...I wonder what your all knowing expert grandmother would say about me

That you're single because you're (probably) not a Vikings (I assume) fan.

Granny's a little out of touch. I know plenty of guys who couldn't give two ***** about sports.

She's got a point. Guys love when you know the names of the sweaty men they like to watch play with slippery balls and plow into each other. It helps with bondage—erm, bonding.

Ok, I'm one moderated comment away from being permanently banned and I know this will do it for me. After reading several of your comments on FML threads, it is clear that you are trying way too hard to be funny. You're not, though. Your comments are just so cringey. It is clear that you think you are funny but in actuality you're very awkward. Sorry to hurt your feelings if you feel the need to get me moderated.

I'm not offended in the slightest, so if your comment disappears, it has nothing to do with me. You state your opinion as though it's fact, you claim to know what I think, and you backed up none of what you said. So of all the people to find me unfunny, I'm glad it's you.

Sports are so last generation. Guys are all about video games nowadays.

Ya tell me the name of my favorite character!

Exactly. Who needs watching football when there's Madden?

I can assure you that that is not the reason why you don't have a boyfriend. Most guys don't care if you know the players name, as long as you are cheering for the right team, and know what's going on in the game.

Even the "knowing what's going on in the game" is not necessary. Just cheer when they cheer. Guys like it when a girl brings them munchies and beer, allowing them to watch the game.

I prefer my wonan not to give a crap about sports. Stupid that people want to watch dopped up guys grabbing each other.

Another note, if it is the name of the quarterback, it's understandable for you not to know the name, assuming that you were referring to the Vikings Cowboys game, both the quarterbacks are new to the team this year.

I would pay to see that movie. I mean, they already have cowboys and aliens so would cowboys and vikings be too much further a stretch? (and we all know the vikings would win)

Surely the cowboys would have the advantage due to having guns.

Fight fire with fire: Become a Packers fan out of spite. Tell her the only QB that matters is Aaron Rodgers, and the Vikings mean nothing to you. Also there is really a great underground Packers fanbase in MN!

Nah, that's lame. Don't try to force yourself into a fanbase you don't care about for some petty revenge. There are plenty of other ways to meet people.