By My_Name_Is_Zach - 23/07/2012 03:48

Today, my neighbor called me on vacation to tell me that she let my mother into my house to feed my fish. I don't have fish, and my mother passed away 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 619
You deserved it 2 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That "mother" of yours was definitely fishing for something, and it most definitely wasn't for fish o.O.

Comments

YDI for giving it to a idiot neighbor who knows nothing about you and doesn't ask first.

They key sorry about that, but it's pretty obvious

I don't think it's deserved. How would the op have known that their neighbour would let someone in like that. Not everyone knows every detail about their neighbours. They might have genuinely thought it was the ops mother.

1221jamw 11

9- when we go on vacation we usually ask a neighbor to take care of everything, so the neighbor has been in our house,and would know I don't have a goldfish..I think op just chose a neighbor they're not real close to

Exactly, I don't see why I'm getting thumbed down. What kind of neighbor lets a strange woman into a person'a house.

citymayer 7

It's ok comedybreak. People on here always do that even if the comment is legitimate. I agree with you. Why give a key to your neighbor if they don't know enough about you to know that your mom passed away? And why didn't the neighbor call? Just a whole lot of stupid going on here.

GovernorGeneral 8

LOL. The perfect prank. Your neighbour deserves a pat on the back, Zach. I got to try that someday. ;3 Oh but on a serious note, i give my respects to your mother and i'm very sorry to hear that she passed away. May she rest in peace.

ComedyBreak; I thumbed up all your comments, because they made sense and it WAS pretty obvious you meant the key :) So now you have one less thumbs down ;)

My thing is, you give a neighbor the key to watch the house. When you do that you usually tell them about the pets said neighbor would have to feed. I would know something is up just with that common sense. Also you never let anyone in unless they say it's ok for them to do so before hand.

First of all, you donkt ask a neighbor. You ask a friend who you know and trust and hang out with all the time. You can always ask a relative. A neighbor seems out of the blue unless you are close to your neighbors.

That little snitch! You should report them to the police. See how they like it ;)

33- she wasn't stalking her, she was robbing her....

33- she made the story up so the neighbour would believe her and let her in. To most likely rob the place.

what did she steal? She can't have 'let in your mother' without wanting something that was in the house

What all robbers steal, anything thats not nailed to the floor.

tjv3 10

Am I the only one that thinks there really wasn't a woman and that the neighbor stole stuff from the house?

callie123amy 4

That's what I thought too! How would she know the keys with her?

free2speak 14

Well that's inconvenient. FYL, indeed.

redmane 21

That "mother" of yours was definitely fishing for something, and it most definitely wasn't for fish o.O.

Big_lama6 7

Well that's one way to have your vacation ruined

Vacation's all I ever wanted Vacation; had to get away Vacation--stranger's in my home

Your neighbour is a complete imbecile. You'd have obviously told her about any pets you had before going on vacation.

GovernorGeneral 8

Didnt you even consider that the neighbour might have been joking ????

15 although I agree about they should know about pets it's a possibility op asked the neighbour to just watch the house whilst they were away, he could have asked a family member to do the 'taking care of the pets' for him. unlikely I know but it could have been that way. even so, the neighbour should have called him before to confirm it was okay!

If that were the case, the guy would've given the keys to the family member instead of the neighbour.

55, true, but I've known someone to give keys to neighbours to keep watch but family members to go round :)

I must be the only one wondering how this woman knew you were on vacation to begin with..

Well, the neighbor said "let her in" meaning she obviously had a way in, like a key, because OP gave it to her because she has to have someone take care of the house while she's gone. I probably would've picked a relative, but neighbor's good too.

yes but that doesn't answer the question... she didn't go up to the neighbour and say "hey is next door on holiday? do you have a key?.. awesome I'm their mother"

Yeah 45, you missed the point completely

Im jus guessing OP posted it on facebook and somebody saw it

A lot of people get robbed because of posting where they are on Facebook. A lot of people don't make their information private and the thieves can see all that information and know when your gone from your posts.

Today, I realized my neighbors were gullible... If your neighbors know what you look like, your mom should have passed some features on to you when you were born so they probably should have been able to tell it wasn't your mom.

That is complete bullshit if you know anything about genetics, which you appear to think you do.

Maybe she takes after her dad...or was adopted..there is no reason to assume she would look like her mother

Or maybe the neighbor didn't really take the time to think about the resemblance (or lack thereof).