By Anonymous - 28/12/2009 12:08 - United States

Today, I came home from a year long backpacking trip in Europe. During my absence my parents divorced, dad took the house and most of the money, sister is seven months pregnant, brother was arrested for statutory rape, and my mom pawned all my stuff to buy booze to "cope." Oh, and my fish died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 381
You deserved it 5 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that'll teach you to stay the hell away from Europe. But seriously, would things have been different if you stayed? Be glad you didnt have to live through it all.

...Wait. Your sister is pregnant. Your brother is arrested for rape. ... Dude, FYL for having an incestuous family!

Comments

mina_8 0

That sucks. It also just says what happened while he was gone, not that he didn't know or never called. So stop making stupid assumptions.

totally agree with number 3. **** your life man

Dude! Seriously, this is the WORST FML I've EVER READ. FYL for sure, 60X over, man. I'm so sorry to hear it.

kitsuneluvuh 12

Wow, man. This is seriously one of the truest FYL on the entire site. But hey, it can only go up from here, right? I wish you luck!

dancingcutie1029 2

wow, that sucks. at least you weren't there during the divorce, the arrest, or when your sis found out... if I were you I'd get the on the next plane back to Europe.

This is a true FML. As small of a condolence as that is, congratulations. I was going to say YDI for going to Europe, but even I'm not that mean lol.

shockcrow 0

this is actually a fml than other ones on here.. sorry man. at least you didnt have to live through some of it happening..

He didn't say he didn't have contact with his family or that he didn't know all of this before he came home. He just said that these are the main events that took place for the year he was away. Op, fyl, but also, it's still win because you didn't have to be there for all that crap. Sorry about your stuff and your fishy... ;(

"sister is seven months pregnant, brother was arrested for statutory rape" Are these two things connected?

Infamia 0

He might have his called his family during his time in Europe, you know. His family could've said that everything's alright even if everything was falling apart. FYL, OP. I'm sorry this happened to you.