By drebel - 09/03/2011 22:27 - United States

Today, I bought my fiancée a dress for her birthday. She accused me of saying she was fat, because I bought it in medium rather than small. After trying on the dress, she's now not only mad at me for buying it, but also because the dress fits perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 386
You deserved it 4 548

Same thing different taste

Comments

ImRickJamesBish 0

And that is what you call UNGRATEFUL

You bought her a dress for her birthday! That was such a thoughtful sweet thing for you to do and she didn't even appreciate it! Dump her.

Wow, really? A medium is bad now? Besides, not everyone is the same size in every store. If you think she's attractive, make sure she knows it, and she'll probably realise she over-reacted, might take a while, but she might get there.

i think its unfair to say he should now make her feel comfortable by letting her know shes attractive, he's already done a sweet thing by buying her a dress for her bday. she should do something for him as she made him feel like he's totally ruined her bday. no guy wants that guilt on their head.

I think clownman misses the whole point. The point is he has to show her that she's beautiful beyond the need to be really skinny and that she doesn't need to be a toothpick to be so. Some women have it in their head they need to be at least 25lb under weight to look good. I myself prefer one with some curves!

mintcar 9

That was sweet of you but next time take her shopping so she can pick out a dress for herself? Anyways, FYL. She sounds like annoying.

mintcar 9

26 why would he have to show her AGAIN that he thinks shes attractive after buying her a dress on her birthday?! Seriously I'm not only impressed that he did something so thoughtful, but to get the dress size right on the first try is amazing why would he have to bend over backwards more for her? He doesn't have to do shit more except wait for the inevitable apology. If she doesn't, then dump that ungrateful bitch!

Women like this make all of us ladies look bad. Next time, just never buy her clothes. She sounds like a princess that would prefer it if you followed her around the mall, gushing over all the clothes she tries on and then forks over the credit card when she finally decides what she wants. Obviously you know what she is like since you decided to propose. So next time just get her jewelry. Once you are married then you can start buying her white goods and gardening tools. Then she can never complain about not knowing her size!

she sound like a bitch more than a princess

@Clownman & Mitcha - The OP's fiancée is clearly insecure about her size, and if the OP wants this to get any better then his best chance is by helping her build her confidence. The best way of doing that is by reassuring her that he doesn't care how big she is and/or he likes her the way she is. I'm not saying what he did was wrong, or that he ruined her day, or even that he has to bend over backwards, I'm just suggesting that he tries to help her get over her self-esteem issues. Basically what Flashburn said.

She sounds so selfish and superficial, I could never live with that kind of girl.

tell her the store told you it Was small in sizes and thats why you gave her a medium

this **** sounds like she'll rage if she's anything but the smallest of the small.