By drebel - 09/03/2011 22:27 - United States

Today, I bought my fiancée a dress for her birthday. She accused me of saying she was fat, because I bought it in medium rather than small. After trying on the dress, she's now not only mad at me for buying it, but also because the dress fits perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 386
You deserved it 4 548

Same thing different taste

Comments

And this is a preview of your married life. Have a frank talk about her insecurities and self-esteem, and she can't cope, then maybe it's time to end this and move on. There's tons of secure, confident ladies out there who would welcome a guy buying them clothes.

Fabby_fml 2

Congratulations, you have been girl trapped.

and am I the only one who likes larger thighs?

Alexsgirl 0

Wow ya your girlfriend is a meany. I'm not fat at all ! and I'm a med. your girl is really ungrateful. don't buy her anything.

slap her and keep an open hand you can't go to jail

She obviously has issues, it's not your fault.

Wow no offense but she's a bitch. I would had been happy if my bf got me a dress that fit me without him even asking my size. You should just get her a 3XL next time on purpose.

missnuthin 10

sounds like someone has a negative body image. the best you can do is tell her that a sales girl helped you buy the dress and you're really just happy how good it looks on her. most importantly assure her she's beautiful and you love her, and the number on a piece of clothing doesn't matter, you sure as hell don't bother to look at it because you were looking at her. besides, women's clothing sizes ARE weird. every brand is sized different, maybe she's a medium in this brand, and a small in others.

monnanon 13

My personal opininon is that womens sizes are progessivly getting smaller to encourage women to lose weight. I have a very slim friend who is usually a 10 in t-shirts. we went into one shop and even the 16s didnt fit. There was not a smidge of wieght gain on her but im sure wieght gain to put you up from a 10 to a 16 is something you would notice anyway. Even baby clothes seem to be smaller than what they were before.

Baby clothes go into smaller sizes now, I was premature and my baby clothes were way to big to start with because in the 80s they didn't do a premature range, now they do. As for women's sizes, they're so erratic, I have tops in sizes 8-14 all of which fit perfectly, the 8 is actually larger on me than the 14s are...