By drebel - 09/03/2011 22:27 - United States

Today, I bought my fiancée a dress for her birthday. She accused me of saying she was fat, because I bought it in medium rather than small. After trying on the dress, she's now not only mad at me for buying it, but also because the dress fits perfectly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 386
You deserved it 4 548

Same thing different taste

Comments

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. And this you will find out later when you are actually married but Double dammed if you didn't even think about it in the first place you insensitive bastard!!

that's why guys should not buy girls clothes

Yip, plus girls like thinking that they can "hide" the fact that theyre fat =/

It's not so much that they're wanting to "hide" the fact that they're fat; weight is not something you can hide. That doesn't mean your boyfriend has/needs to know exactly how much you weigh/your exact clothing size. I'm with everyone else -- it's a safe bet to just stick with jewelery, stuffed animals, or anything else that doesn't really have a "size" to it.

sovietonion 9

The OP got her size right on the first try! It's not his fault that she irrationally twisted it into an insult.

dmndrby789 0

And screw himself over by making her even more mad? Unless he planned on dumping her after saying that. Then it would be funny.

PincheLeti 0
denvan 0

Go exchange it and buy an extra small she'll be happy then looking like a sausage.

Pebbles89 9

haahhahahaha, i almost peed myself with that one! nicely put!

Damn I'm lucky, I got my GF an extra large the other day (if 14 is XL, what do obese people wear?!) FYL dude, run while you still can!!

it's ridiculous, really. Size 14 isn't that big at all, but if you're 14+ the big girl store is calling.

I wear a size 14... but I'll tell you what obese people wear... tents... and I'm allowed to say that because 7 months ago I was a size 24...

Good lord, how did you lose all that weight that fast?! This is a legit question because I've started a diet/exercise plan, and a 12/14 is my ideal size (right now I'm at a solid size 20). And...I don't wear tents. My clothes are usually actually pretty cute and fashionable. I don't know where you were shopping, but if you were wearing tents, you were shopping in the wrong store/department.

I read that anything 12 and over is a plus size... 12 isn't even that big!

missnuthin 10

i was a size 20 8months ago, now im in a 15/16 inching back down into a 14 soon. my goal is a 12. and no, looking back, anything over a size 20 looks like a freaking tent. thank god there are brands of clothes that cater to the 16 and up girls. Layne Bryant FTW. as for me, im doing weight watchers.

On the real; fortunately, with my body type, I can actually fit perfectly into a junior's XXL top (which, depending on the store, is equivalent to a women's 14/16 in tops.), which gives me more room in the shirt department. But pants? Forget it; until I get under a size 16, jeans will never cost less than 30 bucks for me. -_- My mom and I are considering doing Weight Watchers this summer, and I'm hoping that works. For now I'm just working out and eating better. We'll see how things go when I get to that point! ^_^

Am sorry but dump her ass shes ungreatful.

Buying clothes for someone else is a long shot.

It's not a woman thing! My boyfriend buys me clothes sometimes, and if they fit, no matter what size, I'm happy. If they were too small, then he's just wasted his time and money. If it was heaps too big, then I'd be annoyed. lol