By fish killer - 08/02/2013 03:58 - Canada

Today, I bought a fish. I put the tank on top of the fridge so my cat wouldn't get at it. I'd forgotten to buy some things for its tank, so I quickly ran out to get them. When I got home, I saw the tank destroyed on the floor, and my cat devouring my fish. I had the fish for less than an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 268
You deserved it 29 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cats are like ninjas ...don't fall for those cute eyes

JellyBalls 18

And that was the greatest less than an hour time of its life.

Comments

RpiesSPIES 27

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
RpiesSPIES 27

Well obviously some people don't get the reference... Just gonna sit and see how long it plays out.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
RpiesSPIES 27

That '70s Show ;) Temporary visual aid added.

No idea where that reference came from, but funny as duck anyways. OP - I too have a cat and a fish tank. No matter how hard my cat tries, he can't get my fish because little Blueberry is too fast in water.

Don't worry number 1, I gotchu. That's 70's show is my top 3 fav. Oh Red Foreman.

JellyBalls 18

And that was the greatest less than an hour time of its life.

GuessWhatKids 13

But it'll forget it straight away if it was a goldfish

JellyBalls 18

In Soviet Russia, fish devours y-*several gunshots*

seyrose 8

cats and fish are never a good pet combination, I expect....

Razi_tail 25

1. Buy a tank that can't get knocked over. 2. Have a full hood/lid on top so the cat can't fish them out. The most my cat does is drink the fish water. The cat I used to have would try pouncing them through the glass but he never got to the fish.

My cat would just eat the fish food whenever I fed the fish. She didn't want to get her paws wet trying to get em out. And my rats put up a fight when she got in their cage, and the chickens got bigger than her real quick.... She hasn't had any success with eating household pets. Poor thing.

You have chickens...as household pets...??

92- well, I suppose not. We kept them in the basement until they got big.

77 - So your cat couldn't eat the fish, rats, or chickens? Are you sure it's really a cat?

BrashlyHonest20 4

Exactly. Also there's just about nowhere you can put it where the cat wont be able to get to it if its determined.

That really sucks OP, maybe you shouldn't try to get any fish as long as you have the cat.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

I bet the fish bad mouthed the cat, calling it a "pussy with a single life" and such. The cat wasn't gonna take lip from the newcomer so he ate it. I would have done the same.

EnigmaThe321 12
Sir_ND_Pity 35

33 - My stupid? What about my stupid?

CharresBarkrey 15

Ugh. Really, 33? You're 21 years old and you still don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'? Just... Withdraw yourself from society, please.

If we withdrew someone from society anytime they made a your/you're mistake, or any of those other common mistakes, we'd probably have a lot less people here than you'd expect.

However, the people left would have a remarkably higher average intelligence. Thus life would be more pleasant.

siickman 7

You cant have smart people without dumb people. Its just the way of life lol.

That would be alright with me. The gene pool needs to be fixed. But only people that mess up the you're/your and their/there/they're. :D

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Phoebe_Buffay 14

Where exactly in this FML does it imply the the refrigerator is a mini fridge?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Hiimhaileypotter 52

#13... You realize cats can jump about six feet in the air, right? (Maybe higher, I'm not sure.)

Not sure about six, but mine can jump 4-5 feet up. If there's a counter anywhere nearby, they can jump on that then the fridge.

My cat can jump from a sitting position on the floor all the way to the top of our refrigerator. That's over 6ft. Cats aren't weak little animals that can only jump two feet in the air..

I am now realising how dumb that #13 comment was. Must. Find. Common Sense.....

You could've put that fish in a sealed adamantine tank with an armed escort and a cat will still find a way to eat it. They're that devious.

Come on OP cats can climb!! They're like little evil ninja geniuses. But is sounds like a catastrophe. I bet you're feline a little dumb after that happened.

Yeah, he should make sure the cat cant reach the bowl be-fur he leaves the house.

RpiesSPIES 27

I hope not to offind, but it streams like the cat was fishing for trouble.