By fish killer - 08/02/2013 03:58 - Canada

Today, I bought a fish. I put the tank on top of the fridge so my cat wouldn't get at it. I'd forgotten to buy some things for its tank, so I quickly ran out to get them. When I got home, I saw the tank destroyed on the floor, and my cat devouring my fish. I had the fish for less than an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 267
You deserved it 29 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cats are like ninjas ...don't fall for those cute eyes

JellyBalls 18

And that was the greatest less than an hour time of its life.

Comments

asnakelovinbabe 16

The fish deserved better. You are supposed to have a tank up and running as a complete setup for at least 48 hours prior to adding a fish! Aquaria are not something you just throw together :/ if your cat is really persistent the only option is to get a larger tank that is too heavy for the cat to budge. Honestly, anything under 7 or 8 gallons really is a very poor habitat anyways.

Amen to that. Sounds like OP had no idea what they were doing (and whoever sold them the fish was either a walmart employee or a third rate pet store: any aquarium shop worth their salt will refuse to sell you the tank and the fish on the same day)

Sodapop40 21

Woah, watch out for the fish police!

JJ_Rokk 10

Sounds like your cat's not a pussy. Call me butter... 'cause I'm on a roll.

Cats are great at reaching basically anything. I knew someone who had a fish placed up in its bowl on a 6 foot high top shelf of a desk, and she could never figure out why the water kept disappearing. Needless to say, we eventually caught the cat stealthily poised and lapping up the fish water.

mermaidOFtheSEA 8

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

...another internet crazy is revealed.

Hpixiee 23

Even worse that she can't put the right 'too'.

JR_Goes_Rawr 11

Should have taken your cat to Bruce's classes. "Fish are friends, not food."

joljenni1717 4

Seriously....Why not just put the fish in a different room, say the bathroom, and close the door?...Common sense anyone??

It's a cat, cats can't stand closed doors. It would probably have ruined the bathroom door. Anyway, why get fish when you have a cat already? Actually... why get fish at all?

Our cats can handle closed doors just fine, as long as they aren't the ones locked into a room.

I used to have betta fish that I kept in my closed bedroom, away from my cat. My cat was relentless at stalked my door day and night, always tried to secretly sneak in!

Bathroom is another bad place to put a fish tank. The extreme temperature variations caused by baths and showers will make them very sick very fast.

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time It's Tricky...it's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)

Honestly, it probably would have been even better off behind a closed door. Cats are crafty. But at least you tried, OP!