By Huedadaa - 19/10/2013 00:05 - France - Cauffry

Today, I asked my students to buy a copy of Anne Frank's diary for an assignment. One of them asked me in all seriousness who wrote it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 198
You deserved it 5 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And they say there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Comments

You know what's ridiculously frustrating? My sister has graduated high school and does not know who Anne Frank is. But the thing is, I borrowed Anne Frank's diary from her years ago. I just... How does she not know who Anne Frank is? How does one not know who Anne Frank is?? This is something that truly bothers me.

I've known about Anne Frank since like 6th grade.

@#94: Last time I was getting my hair cut, the hairdresser was making small talk and asked me what I do. I told her that I teach at a museum. She asked what. I told her that I teach the Holocaust. She stopped mid-cut, looked up and asked, "The what?" I thought perhaps it was because there was loud music on and she hadn't been able to hear me properly, so I repeated, "I teach the Holocaust." She stared blankly and asked, "What's that?" I couldn't believe it. I said, "You know, World War II, when Hitler tried to kill all the Jews in Europe, and other people he hated as well?" She still stared blankly. I gave her a brief summary - crazy guy who started WWII, and hated everyone except people with blonde hair and blue eyes, who tried to kill everyone he hated. I decided not to make it any more complex than that. She nodded and kept on cutting. Meanwhile, I was thinking to myself, "This woman has got to be almost thirty years old, and she has already mentioned the fact that she has kids. I just hope they pay more attention in class than it seems she did..." What can you do? *sigh*

What's an Anne Frank? Is it a type of hotdog?

perdix 29

No, a hot dog is meat. They are clearly talking about her dairy.

I don't think this thread is funny, Anne Frankly think you should stop.

Why the FML? Just because it's titled 'Anne Franks diary' doesn't mean it has to be written by her.

They probably meant it as a shorter way of asking if it's a literal diary, or if it is a work of fiction.

jasmine2301 25

Exactly what grade are you teaching?

Shark127 3

Maybe they thought it was fiction