By jealousgirl - 16/07/2015 21:00 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, after having to spend over an hour yesterday giving the man I'm in love with advice on how to impress his date yesterday evening, I got to spend another hour listening to how great their sex was last night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 437
You deserved it 8 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, if you couldn't woman up and just tell him how you feel, you can't exactly complain when he dates other people.

The friend zone: Not just for boys.

Comments

It sounds like you fell into the trap of being close friends with someone you want to date because you crave any sort of intimacy with them. Do yourself a favor and try to move on. You may feel guilty for seeing him less, but it's for your own good. Ideally you would've told him how you felt earlier.

You didn't need to give him the advice or listen to his sex descriptions, there are other ways you can be a good friend without torturing yourself. Friendship is a two way street, if he's truly your friend he should be able to understand and respect your feelings.

YDI. Why are you doing this to yourself? If he's not interested in you romantically, just move on. And if you want to stay friends with him, ok, but take some distance.

I really think you should've told him how you feel and stop giving advice to him on how to "impress the girl". It's hurtful to yourself. I can say I've been there a couple of times because I was afraid of getting too close then getting hurt. Either way though, you're getting hurt. Plus you are doing it to yourself.

Well, sounds like you did a good job! lol

This is isn't a tv show where just telling him how you feel will magically make him yours. If he felt that way about you he would have made it obvious (speaking as a guy). Sorry it sounds harsh but I don't want people giving her advice that will embarrass her further and ruin their friendship. The best is probably something you don't want to hear, which is move on and find someone else..

Cozy_Blanket 16

Not necessarily. I mean she gave him advice on how to get laid for crying out loud! Just speaking personally I would take that as her having no romantic interest in me. So I can see why the guy wouldn't pursue anything for fear of looking foolish. Best thing to do is put it out there and see where you stand even if it's not something you want to hear.

FieldLeftBlank 20

Why do you assume the guy would've made it obvious? OP clearly hasn't.

It just as easily could have been a conversation from the past. She confesses feelings. He confesses he does not have them, but would like to be friends. She doesn't stop having them. He figures everything's ok, because she hasn't said anything since.

You should have advised him to arrange a fake arm-wrestle competition with a buff looking waiter!

Sorry you're going through this OP, it sucks. Just fade out from this friendship, it's going to cause you too much pain otherwise. If he liked you he would have made a move, not gone out with someone else and told you about it. And telling him you like him now will do nothing but feed his ego. (I kind of wonder why he's telling you all about this other girl - I think he's going to have an inkling of how you feel about him no matter how well you think you've hidden, so maybe he likes you being jealous.)

If you were waiting for an opportune time... That was it.

Stand up for yourself and show him your feelings. it may be tragic or it may be wonderful but it will not be a mistake. the mistake is hiding your feelings.