By EvilMother - 14/09/2012 00:57 - United States - Hinsdale

Today, after having a long talk with my mother about LGBT rights, she told me that she was totally open. I felt completely relieved, being gay myself. Seconds later, she said, "But not for you. I want you to find me a nice girl that can give me lots of grandkids." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 048
You deserved it 5 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She can't control your adult life. OP, go find a nice guy and maybe adopt kids?

Don't be afraid to let her know that's not going to happen. She's your mother, so all she really wants is for you to be happy, and if you could convince her to be open with gays, than you could convince her to be open with adopted grandchildren as well.

Comments

YAY FOR MOTHERS THAT DON'T ACCEPT THEIR CHILDREN FOR WHO THEY ARE!! Really, no. Yes it's cute the mother wants grandchildren, she can still get grandchildren if her child is gay. There's always adoption.expand your mind.

SpaceCadet87 0

He never said his mom didn't accept him for who he is, only not accepting his choice to be gay. Big difference.

SpaceCadet87 0

I'm sorry. You should tell her about adoption.

Surrogate? She can still have grandkids, provided that it's what you and your partner want

fyreprincess 3

sorry, op. it's a tough one. you can still adopt or go the surrogate route should you choose. my mom didn't talk to me for years after I came out to her. then she had some enlightening conversations with her priest. you might want to let her know about pflag.

The_F3rris 11

More power to you. The world is getting over populated anyway. Enough of this "many grand kids" nonsense.

To my understanding she just wants grand kids. She didn't say get married with a women. This will totally sound bad but, find a lady you know or trust, ask her if she would have a kid for you(you don't have to have sex with her, just give her your sperm. They'll have her inseminated with your swimmers.) that way you mom can have her grandchild(ren) and then you can live on.

j3ebrules 13

That was my mothers first reactiOn too. Have faith. Keep testing the waters. And get her used to the word "adoption".

jarockstar27 10

Oh wow, sorry OP. But you do have to tell her at some point and there is always adoption

LemonLolly 10

You deserve a punch to the face...