By EvilMother - 14/09/2012 00:57 - United States - Hinsdale

Today, after having a long talk with my mother about LGBT rights, she told me that she was totally open. I felt completely relieved, being gay myself. Seconds later, she said, "But not for you. I want you to find me a nice girl that can give me lots of grandkids." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 048
You deserved it 5 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She can't control your adult life. OP, go find a nice guy and maybe adopt kids?

Don't be afraid to let her know that's not going to happen. She's your mother, so all she really wants is for you to be happy, and if you could convince her to be open with gays, than you could convince her to be open with adopted grandchildren as well.

Comments

My family want me to have kids so they can be grandparent but I still came out the closet to them and they have learned to accept it. I want kids even if I am a lesbian I'll just go to a sperm bank lol. Be proud of who you are

I found out recently through a gay friend that people will donate sperm for free for lesbian couples, so you might not have to pay at a sperm bank. You should research it :)

remixedmouse 0

Don't worry about living the life your parents want: live it for yourself.

rainbowbigbird 7

Find a nice girl and marry her and make them kids for your mother... And then divorce the girl and destroy a family as you come out later in life when you discover that you really really are gay and it really isn't a choice. Live for YOU and not anyone else. Be yourself, do whatever it is you want to do; just don't hurt yourself or anyone else intentionally.

So sorry to hear this. Things will get better I promise.

she loves you and I'm betting she will love you regardless...she's intitled to her way of life just as you are and as you get older its easier to speak your mind but its not going to change you unless you want it to.

Truly sucks, mate. Hopefully she will accept it in the future as just a fact of who you are. Hopefully, by the time it is relevant, gays will be able to adopt children, thereby satisfying her desire for grandchildren and doing the world a lot of good. This does lead me into a semi-related thought, though... why do so many damn people think that popping out children is the only reason for humans to be alive. Yes, reproduction is part of the genetic imperative for survival, but it is not our only reason for existence, and there are some of us that simply have absolutely no interest in producing them at any point.

I completely agree. If you want kids, well and good. And if you don't that's fine too. No one should pressure anyone else into it...

Keep your head up, she will come around!

She won't accept it. It is just like that episode on American Dad. You know what I am talking about if you watch the show.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! She's kidding with you!!! Lighten up!!

I know how you feel hun, my mom was the exact same way, making it worse I was Mormon at the time:/