By EvilMother - 14/09/2012 00:57 - United States - Hinsdale

Today, after having a long talk with my mother about LGBT rights, she told me that she was totally open. I felt completely relieved, being gay myself. Seconds later, she said, "But not for you. I want you to find me a nice girl that can give me lots of grandkids." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 048
You deserved it 5 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She can't control your adult life. OP, go find a nice guy and maybe adopt kids?

Don't be afraid to let her know that's not going to happen. She's your mother, so all she really wants is for you to be happy, and if you could convince her to be open with gays, than you could convince her to be open with adopted grandchildren as well.

Comments

I believe she really does accept him for who she is, that when she says 'not for you,' she is only saying that because she is a sad at the propsect of not having any grandchildren from you to dote on- that she is ok with you being gay but still a little bit bitter. At least that's what I hope it is. In any case I hope things go well with you and her OP and don't take it too hard, as long as you are happy with whoever you are with.

trying to make kids behave is like trying to teach animals to be human.

bjoernabee 1

As much as i can understand wanting grandchildren that are biological, she has no place to say wether you can or cannot be gay.

DeadxManxWalking 27

It always annoys me that one of the reasons parents don't want their children to be gay is because they want grandchildren. Being straight doesn't ensure grandchildren. Some straight people never have children, and some gay people adopt.

She obviously does not accept him being gay or the possibility of him being gay, because she said it wouldn't be ok if he was! The "not for you" part subtly hints to that...

Caliborn_06 11

Find a nice girl who is willing to strap one on... then everyone can win.

lol smh, ydi a girl is not a guy.....let me simplify for you... different anatomy, attitude, mood... everything. oh wait... anatomy means a girl has breasts and a ******... hope that is simple enough for you ... o.0

oh shit how did this end up as a reply tp u i am so sorry i was replying to the person that said. fins a nice girl who is willing to put on a strap on

Exactly 41. I'm straight and have absolutely no desire to have kids, yet I work with a gay dude who adopted a daughter. It should be up to the individual, not parental pressure. Thankfully my parents are plenty happy without grandkids. They figure they're old and cats are much easier lol.

#50 - That probably wasn't simple enough for ANYBODY. Please be quiet and scurry along.

My mum had a similar oppinion but it went well when I came out anyways. :)

That's kind of how my mom is too. She is all for gay rights and what not, but to have a daughter who isn't straight, no thank you. It gets to you after awhile.