By itsnotyouitsme - 20/04/2016 18:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 years, I was backing out of his driveway when he came running out yelling "STOP!" I thought he wanted to make up so I kept going, until I'd run over his dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 319
You deserved it 35 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You seriously deserve this... F his life for being broken up with and having his dog run over in one day.

What if a kid was there?! Anytime someone waves their arms frantically and yells stop while you are driving, you should probably stop. And poor dog :(

Comments

Not even The Punisher would sit by and let a dog get hurt... Honestly, as others have said, if you're in control of a vehicle and someone tells you to stop - you do it. If you had stopped and your ex-boyfriend continued to try and make up, THEN you could started driving again. Also, did you look before driving off, or?

Can you believe I was just watching Frank Castel killing a bunch of guys when I read your comment? Poor dog,Unjust took my driving license and non looking behind and non stopping was a serious error

I want to say ydi but that would mean that the poor dog also deserved to die. And I can't say fyl cause that is reserved for victims of the circumstances, which you are not. The only other option is to just say fy.

I feel bad for your boyfriend, seriously, f his life. Also f you, whenever someone is panicking it's usually a good idea to stop, ydi

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Uhhhh... Well... Frankly, **** you

TeacherTeacher 11

To anyone who says YDI, **** you. Do you know if he had been trying to manipulate her into staying in an abusive relationship? She was a victim of circumstance. The dog was loose. She needed to be away from her boyfriend. Why the hell did he have his dog running loose in the first place? That alone indicates that he wasn't taking appropriate care of his pet. OP, I'm sorry you hit the dog and I'm sorry you had to break up with your long term boyfriend.

itwasntme14 19

I agree with you, I think she deserves it for not paying attention to her surroundings, and making sure nothing was in her way. But really not taking care of his pet? Plenty of people let their dog run around in there yard and driveway that statement is ignorant l.

Have you never seen a house with an enclosed fence around the front yard. Did you think maybe when she was leaving the dog slipped by or she didn't close the door properly allowing the dog to get out, did you think if it had been an abusive relationship OP would have you know mentioned that in the FML, don't you think when someone is running out and screaming at you to stop while you are reversing out a driveway it's a good idea to stop, did you know plenty of responsible pet owners shockingly let their dogs of their leash and run around I their own front yard, did you think maybe the breakup happened outside while The bf was watching his dog but then obviously got distracted by you know his long term gf breaking up with him and when he noticed where his dog was rightfully yelled for her to stop her car. Did you think maybe someone who actually felt bad about what they did wouldn't you know post to FML in a way that so obviously is trying to garner sympathy for herself even though it's the dog or bf who is having a much more FML day than her. Seriously if you didn't act so high and mighty and like such a douche in your comment you may have had a point but telling others to **** off and just being a dick, means you are going to get called out on it.

Even if your girlfriend breaks up with you that is no reason to be negligent. You should always watch you dog especially if they go in front of moving cars and someone is leaving. Yes dogs need to run around but their owner needs to make sure they're safe about it also. The dog shouldn't have been where it was and the ex should have given a reason to stop.

It's not negligent plenty of people have their dogs run around their front yard and as I pointed out in my previous comment there are plenty of possible ways the Dog could have been there without the BF just letting it wander around out there. She was driving her car and the bf yelled stop as a driver it was HER responsibility to stop when she was being told to by someone because of the chance she could be about to hit something, dog, cat, kid, tree anything. It's stupid to blame the owner when they tried to prevent it and the driver ignored them because of their own assumptions. This dog was in its own yard on its own property, the driver messed up not the owner and to say otherwise is ignorant. If the dog had ran across the road and was hit or something like that then sure the owner has some responsibility. But their own drive way and yard? All on the driver for ignoring them and not being aware of their surroundings.

#42, does that then mean if you ever have a kid or do have a kid that you're letting play in the front yard gets hit by a car because you weren't watching them and they ran out into the street it should be your fault and the driver should not be punished in any way? It's no different than letting your dog out and looking away for 10 seconds and they get hit. There's a reason they always tell drivers they need to be aware of their surroundings.

Amphysvena 11

Oh, man, you are totally right. He should never have been negligent. If only he'd done something to try and save his dog. If only there was something he could have said, some command he could have given that would have made her halt her car. Ah, well. I guess we'll never have anything like that.

Poor puppy, All you had to do was stop and if he tried to talk you into staying with him, You could simply say that you don't feel comfortable discussing things between you and him and really need to leave now.