By itsnotyouitsme - 20/04/2016 18:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 years, I was backing out of his driveway when he came running out yelling "STOP!" I thought he wanted to make up so I kept going, until I'd run over his dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 319
You deserved it 35 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You seriously deserve this... F his life for being broken up with and having his dog run over in one day.

What if a kid was there?! Anytime someone waves their arms frantically and yells stop while you are driving, you should probably stop. And poor dog :(

Comments

You should be banned from driving for 20 years... or he should go John Wick on you... I'd prefer the later but I'm trying to be respectful. I suppose what you did next is probably more important though. Unless by kept going you meant ran over his dog and knew it, then kept going in which case the prior is off the table.

Yikes that's terrible!! Did the dog survive at least??

A breakup does not makes you not look for surroundings.. Don't breakup and drive.

Honestly, it's not your FML. From the bottom of my heart, you are a despicable person. You are truly horrible for that. Not only did you not wait to hear what your boyfriend (who is lucky to not have you in his life anymore, by the way) had to say, but you assumed he wanted to make up, and kept going. He could have realized that whatever you were arguing about was stupid and wanted to salvage something you guys had for 2 years. Also, because of your decision, an innocent dog was killed. I really hope that unlucky bastard breaks all ties with you and never contacts you again.

expertsmilee 26

Unless the guy was abusive, this ^

You are assuming an awful lot. People are allowed to break up and are not horrible because they want to get away from from the emotional experience. I don't blame OP at all for thinking he wanted to talok about the breakup or for deciding to leave. But OP should have been looking around them, and if someone yells stop and you are driving, you should stop. But I do not think OP is a horrible or awful person for not wanting to talk to the boyfriend after - even if he wasn't abusive. OP could have always talked later but maybe they'd said everything. You don't know the details of that breakup - none of us do so we are all assuming things, but to assume they are horrible for wanting to leave the emotions ofa break-up, is too far.

That's really, REALLY ******* stupid. Shame on you. YDI