By itsnotyouitsme - 20/04/2016 18:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 years, I was backing out of his driveway when he came running out yelling "STOP!" I thought he wanted to make up so I kept going, until I'd run over his dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 319
You deserved it 35 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You seriously deserve this... F his life for being broken up with and having his dog run over in one day.

What if a kid was there?! Anytime someone waves their arms frantically and yells stop while you are driving, you should probably stop. And poor dog :(

Comments

People are acting like they did this on purpose. Accidents do happen. Most of you would have done the same thing, and don't even dare say you wouldn't! Yes, you aren't supposed to drive when you're upset, but when you want to leave you're probably not going to walk away leaving your car, which he could damage, and then come back for it. That's just wildly unrealistic. So all you people making horrible threats and insulting them really need to look in the mirror and think about who the real monsters are, because it's not the OP. Hopefully the comments get shut down soon. It's just a bunch of emotionally charged children that don't know how to empathize with anyone and only think of themselves. And yes, I'd be saying the same thing if it was a person, not just a kid, a human being. You people act like hitting a kid is worse than hitting an adult. Kids aren't everything. You people make me sick.

When someone yells "STOP" at you when you're driving, you hit the brake and see what the issue is. If he proceeded to run over and try to talk to her through the window then it would make sense, but just yelling stop makes no indication of wanting to make up, it simply is a phrase for telling someone that they are about to hurt others or themselves. So yes, if I were in that situation, I WOULD have stopped the car. OP isn't a monster, but she's certainly an idiot. If she gets in trouble then that's the consequence she receives for not listening when given a warning.

#152 I agree but I do not understand or agree with the 'a person, not just a kid, a human being' bit.

Yet you only think about yourself and say your own life sucks..

"Today, my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me. While she was leaving, she ran over my dog. FML."

You're really awful. You didn't even stop to hear what he had to say. Completely deserved it.

I shouldn't be laughing at this... ? that poor dog

You do NOT get to say "FML" for this...quit yer whinin.

An awful person is doing it on purpose. Stop being so damn hateful. I'm pretty sure OP feels bad already for the terrible accident.

To all the people saying OP is an awful person, you people are awful. Op said so themself that they thought he was running out to stop them. Don't you think Op feels awful enough about hitting the dog? Your hateful comments aren't needed. Don't act like you've never made a mistake in your life.

after seeing all this people complain about what an awful person she is, i can honestly say I'm disgusted. It was an ACCIDENT, people. So stop saying that "she's an ignorant, awful person" if she clearly didn't realize the dog. And she isn't a bad person for breaking up with her boyfriend either, because it's a natural part of life. Sorry, OP.

yeah, like I actually feel sorry, and people act like if they wouldn't ignore the boyfriend, and make it seem like she did it on purpose and could have obviously seen the dog, but if she could, she wouldn't run the dog over. I also think the ex was an irresponsible pet owner, I'm wonder why would the dog be in a drive way. my dog isn't trained but he's never allowed in an area where cars go in and out of.