By itsnotyouitsme - 20/04/2016 18:54 - United States - San Francisco

Today, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 years, I was backing out of his driveway when he came running out yelling "STOP!" I thought he wanted to make up so I kept going, until I'd run over his dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 319
You deserved it 35 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You seriously deserve this... F his life for being broken up with and having his dog run over in one day.

What if a kid was there?! Anytime someone waves their arms frantically and yells stop while you are driving, you should probably stop. And poor dog :(

Comments

cptncuttlefish 24

You shouldn't be behind the wheel At all.

You guys have no idea what her relationship was like with her boyfriend...he could have been manipulative and/or abusive and that behavior of him 'trying to get back with her' could be what he does all the time. Even so far as running after her. I don't think she MEANT to run over the dog. Surely if she had known or seen the dog she would have stopped. Yes, major F his life but F her life too.

It's not her "abusive boyfriend of 2 years" those details don't get overlooked and would have been included.

Today, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me. This wouldn't be so bad, except she ran over my dog why leaving my house. It's not me, it's you. FML

I agree that OP should have stopped, but I think it is so easy for everyone on here to say that they were irrational or whatnot, without taking into account that having just broken up with someone, emotions may be running high and they wouldn't necessarily be thinking at 100% rationality. We're all only human after all, we make mistakes.

And some peoples point is that she shouldn't be driving if she can't think rationally.

You're only saying that because it was a dog, what if it had been a child behind her car ? "Come on guys she just hit a kid with her car because she broke up with her boyfriend." Next time i'm going through tough times i'm gonna hit someone with my car and if i get arrested i'll say "but sir, i'm going through hard times, my emotions are messing me up and i can't think rationally." I'm sure they will release me.

That is a fair point, but you could also say that choosing to drive at that moment was an irrational thought itself.

If you tried that, I would not hesitate to punch you in the face...

lol...I saw in moderation someone made the boyfriends POV

hmrhoades 18

I'm waiting to see his FML post O_o

I see you wrote another FML from "the boyfriend's" point of view. Let's see if it gets through the moderation process.

If you are backing up and someone yells "STOP!" then it's most likely because you are going to hit something. It's not always about you. You deserve it for being a conceited bitch.

ALittleFreak 15

I have no idea why this got down voted, you said it perfectly.