By Anonymous - 24/10/2012 13:09 - United States

Today, after 6 months of training and going to the gym every day, I realized that the only thing I've lost is $300 worth of gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 578
You deserved it 5 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your main goal is losing weight, try running or jogging in your neighborhood. At least you made an effort.

Next time jog to the gym. It's a win-win situation.

Comments

$50 of gas a month doesn't seem right. What are you filling up with? At those prices, it's not gas.

unknown_user5566 26

Are you saying it seemed too low at $50 a month? If so, I agree. I'm guessing OP lives close to the gym, and calculated the cost specifically for their trip to/from the gym. Either that, or they drive a hybrid.

I drive 20 miles round trip to work every day and I pay $120 a month. For me that's actually really good because I drive a mini-van that gets better than average mpg. Maybe the gym is a fair distance away?

obviousboy 8

If you're still eating like shit, then going to the gym isn't going to have that great an effect.

TheDrifter 23

I have a diet plan to try. For one week eat nothing but fresh fruit, steamed vegetables and bran muffins. Why work your body hard when your body can work hard for you?

I somehow ate shit but still lost weight. I literally couldn't eat enough to keep my weight up. Of course, unless you have 3 hours to spare, you'll need to watch what you eat.

Just keep trying, it takes longer for some.

perdix 29

That is a lot of farting!!! I debit myself 6 cents a toot, 10 cents for a room-clearer. I guess all those crunches and yoga has caused such a big losses of your precious bodily vapors.

perdix 29

I got donations to my Beer and Hookers Fund, so it's a good day even if people didn't like this comment. ;)

MikeMikeTheAzn 3

Your probably gaining muscle mass.

I was going to say the same thing. Muscle weighs more than fat, you should use measuring tape instread of scales~!

Muscles weigh more than fat. Concentrate on inches lost vs pounds lost. Not everyone's body responses the same way to weight loss. Zero in on what the problems might be. And remember, your diet is extremely important.(:

It's possible that you've just gained muscles. Muscles weigh quite a bit, so you won't see a decrease in overall weight. I don't think you should quit, but instead focus more on how many inches you have lost. Good for you for taking the healthy way out! But if you just wanted to loss weight than jogging might have been a better idea.

Op, don't be discouraged. Even if the scale hasn't changed much, you're still doing your body a favour! :) My advice is to speak with a nutritionist about your dietary needs, and see if you're taking in the right quality and quantity of foods to safely lose weight. Shoot the breeze with the gym regulars as well, most guys are quite happy to share what works for them as well. Just because they look impressive, doesn't mean they didn't or still do struggle with their diet and their routines. Don't give up! You have nothing to gain from that! (Except more waist line inches, of course!) ;)