By Anonymous - 24/10/2012 13:09 - United States

Today, after 6 months of training and going to the gym every day, I realized that the only thing I've lost is $300 worth of gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 581
You deserved it 5 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your main goal is losing weight, try running or jogging in your neighborhood. At least you made an effort.

Next time jog to the gym. It's a win-win situation.

Comments

No offence Americans but a straight currency conversion doesn't cover it. Over here "gas" is a hell of a lot more expensive!!! It works out at about $10 a gallon!!! To put that in context, your average American price per gallon according to US Independent Energy Association, is $3.85 compared to our $10. You're $300 would be closer to $900 which is £560!!!!!!!!! SUCKS TO BE ENGLISH!

KingCeltic77 18

Yeah. A large colonial Empire and all American girls want to date a sophisticated English boy. So hard.

To no other nation on the earth does my voice receive the response, "OMG your accent is so cute" so frequently.

adam_tajyar 10

Going to the gym and just working out wont make u lose weight. You need to find the right exercise for your goal and do it correctly or u won't see any results! Goodluck!

All you people mentioning pounds, England is not the whole of the UK. It's only a part of it. >.>.

MidnightMusic53 37

That's why you walk to the gym. However, you did try, and I realize it may not have been within walking distance. Don't give up though, there's exercises you can do at home.

mowmowlife 21

It's okay, you're working at it. It's beneficial in some ways, even if not in losing weight per se

Muscle is denser than fat. I've lost 6" off my waistline from diet and exercise and am now wearing the smallest-sized trousers I've ever worn in my adult life. However the scale has not budged by a single pound.

Bro, BMI is important when you talk about fat. How you look and feel matters. Results of improvement matter. You have to eat healthily (don't misinterpret that as small amounts, eat a lot of good stuff and still allow a little "bad" you need some anyway), run, and weight train to greatly improve your health.

KingCeltic77 18

Jog to the gym. Kill two birds with one stone.

HighasaCloud 46

No shit you won't get results if you go EVERY day. Unless you make that trip to work on only one set of muscles and not rotate back for weeks. Your muscles need time to heal, that's how they get bigger. Work out everything like crazy, and relax for a couple weeks. I bet you will see better results