By Anonymous - 24/10/2012 13:09 - United States

Today, after 6 months of training and going to the gym every day, I realized that the only thing I've lost is $300 worth of gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 581
You deserved it 5 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your main goal is losing weight, try running or jogging in your neighborhood. At least you made an effort.

Next time jog to the gym. It's a win-win situation.

Comments

If you honestly went for 6 months then you are doing something wrong. Btw.. Lifting weights doesn't make you lose anything it builds muscles ... Cardio and plyos help more with losing

Lifting can make you lose fat. It give you muscle too, so your weight might not change much. The goal isn't to lose weight. It's to lose flab.

I wish I could spend just $300 on gas in 6 months.. I spend that In like 2..

Change your goal to HEALTH instead of WEIGHT LOSS--weight loss is just a common side effect! Conquer the mountains you've always wanted to climb, win that marathon you've been thinking about but never participating in, and most of all, simply feel good every day of your life. Besides, you've probably built muscle that amounts to the same weight of fat that you've lost. Unless you have one of those electric scale thingies that tell you your fat/muscle/water composition, then judge your figure by inches, not pounds. Keep it up. :) And maybe start running to the gym or busing if it's too far. Also, keep an eye on your diet. That usually effects your weight more than the exercise you do.

#61: I'm so glad someone said this. I wish people cared more about their health than how they look in a swimsuit. Not to mention thin does not always equal healthy, especially if you're starving yourself of nutrients or dehydrating yourself by sweating every drop of water out of your body.

FireFlie07 20

When it comes to losing weight, gaining weight, or anything related, diet is EVERYTHING. Well, ninety percent of it. As long as your workout doesn't completely suck ass for what you're trying to accomplish, diet is the vast majority of what will do it, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to lose weight. In fact, you can lose a good amount of weight sitting on your ass all day with a good diet. You'll lose the health benefits of exercise, but you can lose weight.

80skid 15

That sucks :( maybe you're one of those people that needs weight loss surgery? In the mean time keep exercising :)

You do not need a gym to lose weight. I train twice a week for an hour each time an I lost 15lbs pretty quick. Just go hard.

Remember that it's also about how you feel. If you're more energetic, stronger with more stamina, then you're on the right path. If you don't feel that way, then you would need to change up your without regimen.

As an experienced trainer I can tell you you won't lose weight through musculation. Aerobic exercises burn fat. You have to do a sustained mid-level exercise for more than 20 minutes to start to burn fat. Jogging and cycling are good for that