By Anonymous - 24/10/2012 13:09 - United States

Today, after 6 months of training and going to the gym every day, I realized that the only thing I've lost is $300 worth of gas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 581
You deserved it 5 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your main goal is losing weight, try running or jogging in your neighborhood. At least you made an effort.

Next time jog to the gym. It's a win-win situation.

Comments

after reading your FML, i realized you must train like a total pussy or eat like a sumo wrestler, in either case YDI ya ****** ponce!

NickaPLZ 26

That's why I workout in my room with mainly body weight exercises so I don't have to go out of my way.

Cardio is really good for losing weight! If you combine it with muscle training (optional) and a good diet you should be able to lose weight, especially after 6 months! So it's either that you aren't training properly/good enough or you are simply eating too unhealthy. Maybe you are focusing on the wrong area's as well? If you have a fair amount of fat at the stomach area you should try cardio + ab exercises. So an advise is to focus on areas where your fat seems to be stored the most!

Muscle training isn't optional...cardio and strength training are both important, along with healthy nutritional practices. Cardio burns calories while you're doing it, building muscle mass increases your metabolism so you burn more all the time. Proper nutrition gives your body the protein and carbs it needs to repair muscles and get get leaner/stronger. Also, site specific fat-burning doesn't work. You can only burn off all-over body fat...it will come off where it comes off.

Area specific fat burning doesn't work because the fat can't go direct to muscles. It has to go through the blood first, so basically the fat can come from anywhere in the body.

You are either doing it worng... or you have a medical condition. If you are eating properly and working out hard at the gym you should be losing weight. If you think you are doing it properly you need to see a doctor because there could be a medical reason for it. If you are eating like shit, you won't be able to lose weight with exercise. And add some weight training to your cardio for better results.

just start jogging around your neighborhood or at a nearby park. save gas money.

If you've been gaining muscle mass as you've been losing fat, you may stay at the same weight. Do you not notice any difference in your body? Also, re: #84 — working large muscle groups like the the thighs is actually better than doing ab exercises in terms of burning fat around your middle. Targeting areas works better for muscle bulk/tone than it does for burning fat, which is generally more of a whole-body process.

if you think gym is gonna help you loose weight, you already failed

Sinkhole 26

Yeah, it only helps you lose it.

Working out won't help you if you keep eating McDo's, eat healthy and small portions