The Hitchhiker

By hitchhiked - 04/01/2012 06:28 - United States

Today, I picked up a hitchhiker. He was well dressed, and seemed trustworthy. As soon as he got in, he pulled out a gun and stole my wallet and car. All of this occurred in front of a sign warning against picking up hitchhikers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 974
You deserved it 86 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazyj12006 3

Whenever I drive by a hitchhiker, not helping them makes me feel guilty. But at the same time, you never know who they are or what they could do.

Comments

You jack wagon. You deserved that for sure. Idk why ppl pick hitchhikers up I really don't have a clue. If u don't know them leave them alone. Let them fuxking walk. What's the worst that gonna happen? There gonna loose weight and might get cold(depending on what area you live in) and is it really that bad when we live in a country that' majority of us is overweight? When I got a flat at 5 am my sorry ass walked over 10 mile I didn't accept no rides from no one i didnt know, and of corse it sucked but u know what I'm still alive still got my car and my wallet!!!

TheDrifter 23

Damn man, up here someone would have stopped to give you a hand if you didn't have tools, or a ride to town if your spare was flat. Most of them would even give you a ride back to your car. What's the world coming to when you can't even offer to help someone, or accept an offer of help, for fear of rape, robbery or murder?

InSanityx 7

Yeah, god forbid those obese hitchhikers "loose" weight, you should tighten their flab for them.

thiscrazything 1

Yeah, come to think of it, I don't ever recall seeing an obese hitchihiker. Around here they are usually very old people that just seem to be down on their luck. It may be crazy, but most of the time I still offer a ride, never had a problem with them. I still can't help but believe that there are more good people in this world than bad.

hurdlebabes 4
IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

It could be worse. He could have shot you and still took your shit.

chels1994 11

What. possibly could have made you think that would be a good idea?

How about kindness, humanity, the golden rule, and just all-around-being-a-good-person? I pity you.

chels1994 11

You pity me because I don't pick up strangers holding their thumb up on the side of a road? You must pity a lot of people. There are other ways of showing kindness that have less of a risk. If you don't agree with my opinion against hitchhikers, that's fine but it doesn't mean Im not a nice person

lolatthesefmls 0

I always wonder "why is there a you deserved it option? How could someone deserve to be hit by a car etc?" well. You're that 1/100000000 FML that deserves it.

starburst7596 14

It does suck that you try to be a good person and get jacked, but most people try to be good to strangers when they want to feel like they should be helping people. Next time help someone you know, or an old person cross the street, they are normally pretty safe. YDI though, we r all taught about hitch hikers and you should use your common sense.