The Hitchhiker

By hitchhiked - 04/01/2012 06:28 - United States

Today, I picked up a hitchhiker. He was well dressed, and seemed trustworthy. As soon as he got in, he pulled out a gun and stole my wallet and car. All of this occurred in front of a sign warning against picking up hitchhikers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 974
You deserved it 86 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazyj12006 3

Whenever I drive by a hitchhiker, not helping them makes me feel guilty. But at the same time, you never know who they are or what they could do.

Comments

Duh OP.. Do you really think that any intelligent thief would dress slobbily when trying to act lie a hitchhiker? They want to fool people like you who are stupid enough to say "looks legit".

Well at least you walked away. I hope you have good insuracne

Ted Bundy said that being handsome was his greatest asset, that it made his murder victims believe he was harmless. Only a wallet and car? OP was lucky.

perdix 29

You don't watch enough TV -- look how well Mayhem is dressed, but you don't want him in your car.

desireev 17

Omg!! I LOVE MAYHEM!! He is like that joke that never gets old. I die laughing every time I see one of those commercials!

I'm a hitchhiker ready to rob you at gun point while driving to your volunteer job at the nursing home. Does your cut rate insurance handle stupidity?

Don't be a good person you'll live longer.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover." -LOL

I voted for both options, as fyl that is awful and scary. Even more so, ydi for picking him up!

It's not just picking up the hitchhiker. the fact you thought because he was dressed up he was decent. If it was the other way(terribly dressed) around I assume the outcome maybe would still be the same. Lesson learned. Never judge a book by the cover.

thiscrazything 1

Good of you to be so kind, how crappy the world has become that you can't trust anyone. Luckily you weren't hurt, hope you got a good description and he gets caught.