That backfired

By Alexander D. - 14/07/2012 00:48 - United States

Today, I was fired for telling a customer's kid to shut his mouth. As revenge, I sent the CEO a picture I acquired months ago of my boss drunkenly pissing on a cow. He wrote that it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, and that I am "clearly an insufferable killjoy; a total liability to the company." FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 672
You deserved it 37 213

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mate, no matter how bratty the kid is, suck it up and be nice. It's your job and you're there to serve the customer.

You are stupid if you think you can tell a customer's kid to shut their mouth, even if they do need to.

Comments

You think the kid was annoying? Go find that cow and see how pissed off it'll be...!

Daftendirekt1 0

I think you mean pissed on. Boom-tiss. Thanks, I'll be here all week.

olpally 32

Way to go, dumbass. Don't be such an insensitive prick. The customer is always right even if the kid was giving you a hard time. he's just a damn kid. Why even bother with revenge? Idiot.

Mikeskinner 7

*the costumer is always an ass. And I would've told the kid he needed to be quiet in a very serious tone.

olpally 32

Lol, exactly... No need to shout or yell at the kid to shut up.

"The customer is always right"... BULL-MUTHA-******-SHIT!!! What if a customer comes in the store and says "Hey, your name is fungledick and you're from the planet Pluto, you're the product of a dinosaur drugging and raping a large octopus." Is he still right?

As long as he is buying something, and in turn giving you a reason for having that job, **** yeah he's right.

He is definitely an idiot, what he did just backfired on him.

olpally 32

53- Not all customers are out trolling customer service people... Lol... Relax. Idk what you've experienced but damn... I know every situation is different, hopefully not as extreme as you described.

That comment is out dated. Any business that operates under "the customer is always right" needs to get with the times, and customers who repeat it need to learn that it doesn't fly any more.

perdix 29

Your boss will probably get a promotion because of the photo and you'll have two high-powered enemies in your field. Did you get the little brat to STFU? For such a career-limiting move, I hope your little tantrum had its intended effect.

So you got fired for being rude to a customer, then you decided the best thing to do would be to try to sabotage your boss's career? And you're actually upset because it didn't work the way you'd hoped it would? Wow, I'm glad I don't work with you...

Wait wait wait, first you have the audacity to tell a customer's kid to shut up, then you think getting revenge is going to accomplish something? The CEO was close - you're not just a liability to his company, you're a liability to the planet, you imbecile.

YDI on so many levels. First, you told a kid to shut his mouth? Why would you do that? Unless he said something clearly offensive, then I can understand an emotional response. But still, you disrespected a customer (and probably for no good reason). If you are still dealing with customers (and you're not management) then you are probably in a very low place in the workforce. Dont get too full of yourself until you at least earned it a little. Second, I actually kinda respect a CEO who can seperate personal and professional buisness. Granted, IDK how he would have reacted to a picture of, say, you or another employee dunkenly pissing on a cow, but I hate bosses who try to control their employees in their own private time. If he isnt on the clock, then whatever he drunkenly pisses on is a law enforcement issue, not a company issue, IMO. And Third, that was just petty. You ****** up, so learn from it and get a better attitude. All you really proved is that you're spiteful and immature and THAT is a liability to the company. Hopefully you can get a new job after this...

Ahh so many words.. my brain hurts :O

Damn I couldn't thumb up your comment on my iPod it was too large :(

You can swipe the comment to the side while in the middle of it and the thumbs up/down buttons come up. You're welcome. :)

Inediblepeaches 15

OP, I think they just wanted to get rid of you...

This is why I don't ever want to work in customer service. If you have the urge to tell a customer's kid to shut up, you should either control it or find a different line of work.

#25, he didn't tell the customer's kid to shut up, he told the kid to shut his mouth. Learn to read, you jew.

srgsk9 9

The CEO is right. You were a complete liability to the company. He'll probably hire a replacement for you that does your work better too.