By itsjustwill - 17/01/2013 00:35 - United States - Puyallup

Today, our company's owner's son took over. The first thing he did? Fire me. Why? He said my sales are down. I work in Public Relations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 112
You deserved it 2 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like the movie horrible bosses. He sounds like somebody you dont want work for anyways.

Sue the bitch. People sue for everything nowadays.

Comments

Sounds like the movie horrible bosses. He sounds like somebody you dont want work for anyways.

theninja1800 11

Wow I was literally gonna comment something about horrible bosses hahaha

Maybe he was trying to trim the fat around the office

Sir_ND_Pity 35

55 - if he is, the son should work out :P

1, Exactly, I don't think anyone would enjoy working for an idiot,, unless that idiot gives out free money..

Or the new boss is just an idiot. Possibly both.

look on the bright side, at least you wont have a boss from hell

IworkAt711 14

I'd rather put up with a bad boss than have no job, its kinda hard to find one these days.

Sue the bitch. People sue for everything nowadays.

yeah and beside sueing everybody for everything, you shouldn't ever be fired like that.

I agree! OP can sue for unlawful termination.

RedPillSucks 31

Not likely. They probably work in one of those "Right to work" states. That's a euphemism "We can fire you for whatever reason we want". If you work in a state where there's some employment protection, you could use the argument that your sales were not actually down. It was 0, in the previous year, and 0 now. This is actually, a 1000% improvement. See if you can get employee of the year

56- I believe that if it went from 0 to 0 it would be a 0% increase. Although asking for the award couldn't hurt.

RedPillSucks 31

Yeah. I was using multiplication instead of addition. My Bad, but it was intended to be tongue in cheek, not factual.

bfsd42 20

56 was right. 1000% of 0 is still 0. Add 0 to 0 and you get 0.

This is going to get ugly. New record maybe?

I guess we can be glad Maddy left the "yolo" off this post :P

twinny_sc 13

Maddy, if you're from Africa why are you white?

There are some white people in Africa you know. They're not just limited to the northern hemisphere.

RedPillSucks 31

Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Ghana, Libya, Egypt, etc.

oh my god twinny you can't just ask people why they're white....haha I love mean girls.

twinny_sc 13

haha thank you I knew someone would get the reference!

Mister_Triangle 21

'Irony' has become the most missused word nowadays. :/

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

It would have been ironic if the OP had recently reported a coworker for having low sales. This is just sad.

Clearly he was awarded the position based on his competence and effective leadership.

oj101 33

With the son only getting the job through nepotism, and being fire happy on people vital to the business for stupid, unrelated reasons - it seems like the business isn't going to be around for much longer... It's probable he would have lost his job one way or the other eventually.

I'll never understand how this is normal for some of you guys. You seriously have a lot to learn from Europe and other continents. Personally, I wouldn't even want to work for that asshole. All you can do now is hope his company flushes down the toilet and find a better job! :)

I'm sure you can at least get some unemployment while you're finding another job. You're probably better off somewhere else anyway. Sounds like he's an idiot. It may seem like it sucks right now, but hopefully you'll look back later on and see it as a blessing in disguise. Just keep your head up.

xStaciexLynnx 15

I'm pretty sure you can't get unemployment after being fired.

#39, it all depends on the reason why OP was fired. In this case OP should consult with an attorney to make sure that the unemployment claim will be accepted.

That's when you say, "Yeah bitch please! 'down' just like how your mother was on me last night."

Well honestly I think that is the most logical solution ^_^ And that is why my sales shall never be down