That backfired

By Alexander D. - 14/07/2012 00:48 - United States

Today, I was fired for telling a customer's kid to shut his mouth. As revenge, I sent the CEO a picture I acquired months ago of my boss drunkenly pissing on a cow. He wrote that it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, and that I am "clearly an insufferable killjoy; a total liability to the company." FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 672
You deserved it 37 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mate, no matter how bratty the kid is, suck it up and be nice. It's your job and you're there to serve the customer.

You are stupid if you think you can tell a customer's kid to shut their mouth, even if they do need to.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

You don't belong in customer service.

I'm sorry, I don't think this post belongs on FML. Isn't there some website called, "Whiny Bitches?" I'm sure you'd do just fine there. Next time, don't try to get petty revenge after being fired for the legitimate reason of being an asshole.

did you just think you were indestructible? lol. good effort OP but would have been better photoshopping your manager on the CEOs conservatory. THAT is bulletproof my friend...

1000suns 1

Remember Op the customer is always right...

Actually the customer has no friggin clue what goes on behind the scenes, and is probably the stupidest thing walking the earth right now. One of my higher-up managers told me that the customer is *never* right, but we have to act like it.

This has YDI written all over the place.

I see people in agreement in going against you. I'm with ya I work in retail and its a living hell. I'm suprised I haven't snapt yet.

You don't tell a kid to shut up unless you're the one in charge of them, though. You've just gotta keep taking it like a man.

YDI. There are better ways to go about it. For example, I tell other customers nearby "Wow it must be nap time!" and when everyone looks at the lady with the screaming child she suddenly freaks out with the peer pressure and tries to shut the kid up. Works almost every time. =]

If anything you are an insufferable idiot who has no control over his petty rage. You don't tell a customer's child to shut up at your job and then when your boss reasonably fired you for your lack of tact, your retaliation of attempting to humiliate your boss or engage in some kind of blackmail as revenge once again proves to the world what a truely dickish individual you are. A normal person who was fired for making a mistake would brush it off and spend the time you used dwelling on it and tormenting others because they sensibly doled out the consequences for your unproffessionably bad behavior to get their shit together and seek other employment. Because of the nasty thing you did to your boss it is unlikely you will ever get another job in that field and position. Your reputarion as an asshole will follow you. Get some therapy and try not to be such a douche in the future. You totally, without a doubt, deserved it, OP.