Sweet talker

By Anonymous - 21/04/2011 13:47 - United States

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend said to me, "You know how I know I love you? I don't want you to leave after we have sex." He thinks that's a compliment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 352
You deserved it 12 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nurisaintlucy 0

This is a compliment, usually if a guy didn't care about you he wouldn't stay for the cuddling

the sooner you understand a guys compliments, the longer you stay in a relationship with us.

Comments

Real love is when a woman makes the man a sandwich immediately afterwards... We have needs too.

Do jack and cokes and whatever snacks we're craving (something with bacon) count? Cuz a woman that cares about her man will not only do that, but do it without asking. And then he'll give you some more after, then snuggle with you. Maybe some women aren't so lucky, or maybe they are just whiny bitches and want a unicorn and a castle to go with their fairy tale?

Not really such a bad thing. I mean he could have worded it differently but I applaude his effort lol

fssnn002 0

Heh, well. Its better than the alternative lol. This wouldn't be a fail at humor on your part though would it? That sounds like a joke I would use, and that sorta humor escapes a lotta girls for some reason. I wish I knew HOW he said it.

it's a compliment in a dorky way, def a keeper, he like you for you more than you think:)

niwra 0

It is a compliment. Those of us who can recognize and appreciate that are usually the ones they want to keep around. so next time he says something like that think about it from his point of view, tell him you love him too, and give him a little lovin in return.

It doesn't seem like you guys are seeing this from OP's perspective. All you see is the alternative- her getting kicked out after sex. But what she's saying isn't about that. It comes down to two things: 1.) If the only way OP's boyfriend knows he loves her is related to sex, she's probably feeling unappreciated for all the other aspects of a relationship. It's not just about sex. She was probably hoping he'd say something about her personality. That's what girls want to hear, regardless of whether or not a guy would actually say it. It's easy to equate sex to love, but that's not what meaningful relationships are based off of. 2.) OP is realizing that her boyfriend is the type of guy that would sleep with a girl and then want her to leave; that he's the type of guy that would just sleep with a girl for the hell of it, no strings attached. I don't imagine she's happy about this. Give OP a break. Just because you don't understand why she's upset doesn't mean what her boyfriend said is a compliment. She obviously didn't take it that way, and I guarantee there's a reason for it.

minktheshrink 0

I only read about 3 lines of this on my iPod but it sounds good...

Amen. But I have to say to don't think in stereotypes. Girls AND boys want to hear that their partner likes their personality. I wonder who would like a 'compliment' like that...I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't. It sounds like the relationship is based on sex, what a great compliment.

does OP stand for original post? sry if that's a dumb question, but I just got the app n see that everywhere

minktheshrink 0

original post or original poster

It was dr phil afaik, they had a male chauvinist with some pretty extreme views :P funny episode! ot: totally a compliment!