Stuck

By kraussy - 04/05/2009 06:28 - United States

Today, I went to the eye doctor and they used dilating eye-drops on me. After I left, my vision was still pretty blurry. I walked to the subway and when I went to step onto the train, I missed and my whole left leg got stuck in the gap. The train was delayed 10 minutes because of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 648
You deserved it 5 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Although you are pretty lucky the train didn't go off and tear your leg off along with it.

suaveneanderthal 0

You ought to be praising god that the train didnt leave without you. I dont understand why you're bitching that they were nice enough to stop. Today, i got stuck in the gap between the subway and the walkway and the subway took off and ripped off my left leg. FML there's an fml

Comments

yeah umm you deserved that. if your vision is blurry getting on the subway or trying to make it to the subway is not recommended.

That sucks. But at least you're okay. And it's not entirely your fault

McCannCanTriple 0

#22 No, driving a car is not recommended.

fisherman03 0

I thought that this story was going to end with you only having one leg! Just be happy it wasnt like that even though it still sucks.

#22 yes, he deserves it for taking the subway as opposed to walking home and walking near traffi...oh. i mean as opposed to driving with blurred visi....oh.

I used to need eye drops before eye doctor appointments when I was a child. They DO make it impossible to see. No 11, I have no idea where you work but you CAN"T see when your pupils have been dilated at all.It's perfectly possible to miss the doorway of a train with those drops in your eyes...OP, I'm surprised they let you leave alone until you could see perfectly clearly, it's like letting someone who just woke up from aenesthesia go home alone.

#15: You shouldn't be driving if you have had the drops put in. They tell you that before and while you're there.

I'm wondering why they didn't call someone to accompany the OP home after having the drops, it can't be safe to let someone who can hardly see because of the drops go home alone. But I guess what happened proved that. Go to a different eye doctor next time...