Sorry, but…

By Anonymous - 27/09/2011 04:15 - United States

Today, my nephew spent a long while enthusiastically telling me how amazing his new 3D TV system is. I felt his pain as his face turned white when he remembered that I'm blind in one eye since birth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 601
You deserved it 2 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

"Auntie Cyclops! Auntie Cyclops! Guess what? I got a new 3D TV, and . . . Oh, shit."

"look on the bright side" ..you should have just stopped there :-P

Comments

And make sure you get that ******* eye fixed.

yadisingh 5

.... You're the reason certain people shouldn't breed.

AndieAvacado 0

That's really rude to say to someone...why don't you get fixed so we can't have more assholes like you!

wtf. ya def not funny. being even semi blind is probably one of the worst handicaps out there! get a life

RawrNom 0

most people can't get the eye fixed. can a blind person just ask to see? I don't think it works like that dumbass

tweetbaby14 18

Well.... If deaf people can get a surgery to make them able to hear, saw it on done on tv, what makes you guys so positive there's nothing for blind/semi-blind people? Maybe there is and it just costs butt loads of money?

juturnaamo 29
StopDropNRoll 11

Actually it's all 2D. This no time to joke around this is serious! =P

Inspired22 11

#7, my best friend is blind in one eye and still can't see 3D. The technology is not new, and she feels super left out every time everyone goes out to see the awesome new 3D movies. I feel for the OP.

Awesome 3D movies? That's a stretch, you just name the two awesome 3D movies.

ReynshineCutting 10

After 10 minutes watching a movie in 3D, you get used to it and the rest looks like 2D. It's a total waste of money.

3d done right adds very nicely to movies, and it has to be a decent tv set to look good at home. Movies that use it as a gimmick, well, you should know better in the first place!

Lion king is the only exception haha. I remember I saw a 3d movie it wasn't tjat great tbh

Looking back it's still a bit fuzzy. *** A "Megadeth" song taught me that expression.(:

perdix 29

Next awkward moment: Nephew raves about Popeye's Fried Chicken.

I lost my eye in Afghanistan 4 years ago and guess what. Can't see 3D. You need depth perception to see 3D. To have depth perception u need 2 eyes. Your mom should have swallowed you.

sseberly 11

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you for serving our country.

52 - Seems like your overly pessimistic prediction didn't come true.

ReynshineCutting 10

You know, I don't particularly give a **** if you served my country if you're an asshole. Just because someone is born with a birth defect, it doesn't mean they won't have a good life. It might be harder, but they can still enjoy it. Maybe your mom should've swallowed you so you wouldn't make insensitive comments, or gone to Afghanistan to lose an eye.

#72, I think he was aiming his comment at #7, not the OP...

Well, 72, if you don't appreciate their service to our country then you should go to the front lines! I for one appreciate what they are doing! They weren't being an a-hole, but you sure were.

tweetbaby14 18

Guys, look, not everyone that goes off to war is some amazing saint.... I know this. My "father" went. He's an asshole.

ReynshineCutting 10

I appreciate respectable soldiers' who serve our country. Would you respect a soldier who fought if he was a rapist as well? I didn't think so. Serving your country doesn't give you a free pass to be an ass. If soldier boy up there was aiming his comment at someone else other than OP then either 1) he should've made it clear who he was talking to or 2) FML glitched and posted his comment in the wrong spot and if that's the case I apologize. But if he was talking to OP I don't apologize in the least bit.

#95, if #18 was talking about the requirements to see 3D, how would that make sense if he was replying to the OP? Part of the FML was that the OP could not see 3D, so if #18 could also not see 3D and both the OP and #18 can relate to each other, why would #18 throw a random insult at OP? You know, sometimes commenting on FML is about common sense...Just saying...

WitchyArmyWife00 0

You're an idiot! Seriously are your comments any better. The only ignorant and insensitive comments are from you.

WitchyArmyWife00 0

What the hell are you talking about he is just saying that being blind in one eye doesn't give you the ability to see in 3D why you had to throw in anything about him being American only makes you look like an arse. Bloody cheeky wanker!

WitchyArmyWife00 0

All he said was that being blind in one eye does not give you 3D vision so I don't know why you had to turn this into some American thing is beyond and it's really bloody cheek of you.

ReynshineCutting 10

I didn't turn it into an American thing. I turned it into an "I'm not supporting an asshole just because he fought in a war" thing. Like I said, I thought he directed his comment at OP. If he did, he's a dick and doesn't get any respect from me regardless of fighting on the front lines. If it was an fml comment bug or to someone else, then I apologize. Granted, telling anyone that they shouldn't have been born isn't exactly something a respectable person would say, so he still doesn't get my respect.

At least it wasn't intentional OP. Poor kid was just trying to brighten your day.

fogrunner 13

Plus I guess there are keyboards and stuff for blind people anyway.

drawmesunshine 17

Yeah, there was a blind kid in my 8th grade history class. He had this funny typewriter thing to do all his school work.

drawmesunshine 17

Yeah, there was a blind kid in my 8th grade history class. He had this funny typewriter thing to do all his school work.

Blind in one eye. How are you on here if you can't read? :3

First off, people are still able to read things with machines that say things out for you now. also, it seems like you're the one that can't read. He said he was blind in one eye.