Smart

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 17:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date, the first one I've been on since my last boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. We were at a restaurant, and at the end of meal he insisted on paying the bill. He wanted to leave a 15% tip but couldn't work out in his head how much to leave. The bill was for £100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 928
You deserved it 14 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't that bad. Atleast he wasn't making you pay :)

be glad someone spent $100 on a first date for you, when it's just a dinner.

Comments

appreciate that he spent 100$ on you! with that bitchy ass attitude you're going to stay single another 6 months.

Maybe math is not his forte. Quit bitching, he took you out and he also paid.

Sheilatakeabow 0

We must just be cheap in the UK then, because that sounds like a lot to me.

Booda13 0

I feel bad cause I don't know either lol

Alright, it looks like I have to be the voice of reason AGAIN. Listen closely all you superficial asses - spending money doesn't make you a good person. Nowhere does it say she is ungrateful. All she is doing is complaining that the guy can't do simple arithmetic. But for all you idiots calling her a gold digger or a bitch or pretentious, it's none of those things. It's called having STANDARDS. To some people, having money isn't as important as having brains. And after reading these comments, I can see why. Jesus Howard Christmas.

Hey!! I thought I was the voice of reason on here!! Stick to your puns healer-boy!

and to some being generous and caring is more important than being able to calculate percentages.

And to some, having someone moderately intelligent is pretty important along with being generous. I wouldn't want to date a nice idiot any more than I would want to date a rich jackass.

And not stopping to consider that someone might have a genuine problem with math - like dyscalcula - DOES make OP a bit of a bitch. What he spent on the meal is irrelevant. How she reacted to a situation where she doesn't know everything about her date IS irrelevant. Also, for a hundred pound meal, I'm going to assume at least a bit of alcohol was imbibed, or they were in a VERY posh restaurant.

How is this bad op? The guy took you out to an expensive dinner for a first date and paid the whole thing himself. We all have brain farts sometimes, so quit being a bitch.