Yes, probably?

By Richardson - 31/01/2024 20:00 - Netherlands - Beesd

Today, I have been working a childhood dream job, getting paid more than a doctor gets paid, to just sit around, smoke weed, and play video games. From sitting down for so long I have a tailbone infection and I bleed all day from it. I've gained over 40kg, I've lost all social contacts. Is it worth it for 15k a month? FML
I agree, your life sucks 179
You deserved it 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude, it's not the job that's telling you to not be social and active, unless you are physically chained to your computer. That's a choice that you make, every single day. Start out by just going for a walk and preparing one healthy meal per day.

Dude, taking regular physical breaks, arranging weekend meet ups and exercising isn't feckin' rocket science. Sort yourself out and go back to enjoying the cash.

Comments

Dude, it's not the job that's telling you to not be social and active, unless you are physically chained to your computer. That's a choice that you make, every single day. Start out by just going for a walk and preparing one healthy meal per day.

I'm in the same boat except my pay is better and I don't smoke weed. On more than one occasion I've gone more than 72 hours without leaving my house and probably over a week without having a face to face conversation. I've tried to quit, I've tried to get fired. There are jobs that are to easy to do and to much trouble to quit. I need someone to kick my ass to get me to change jobs but my ex and my kids all like the money so they won't help.

A heart attack will do all the ass kicking you need, trust me. Maybe set an alarm?

Battousai124 6

Where the hell do I get a job like that? What are the qualifications?

Dude, taking regular physical breaks, arranging weekend meet ups and exercising isn't feckin' rocket science. Sort yourself out and go back to enjoying the cash.

009bouris 5

there’s this place called the gym you should check it out

Maybe get a standing desk? That might help.

boilerdude 4

you do realize you can stand and game right? this is why people are buying sit/stand desk. even for console playing.

there is no reason once you heal that you can't start taking walks outside or getting some form of exercise. all because you have that job doesn't mean you need to eat crap all day. also go out at least to a coffee shop or any place like that to get some human interaction. you are doing this to yourself because your used to it at this point.

Maybe buy a more comfortable chair and take some breaks.