By Anonymous - 19/05/2018 01:30

Today, after dating a guy for 2 months, things seemed to be going well. I offered to buy dinner and trusted he would keep in mind that I'm a college student on a budget. He picked the restaurant, ran up the bill over $100, made me pay, and dumped me right after. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 157
You deserved it 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

corky1992 33

Maybe you should have stood your ground about which restaurant then and spoke up before he ordered. Sounds like you just expected him to pay instead. He didn’t make you pay when you were the one who said you’d be paying. It is still douchey to dump you after though.

tounces7 27

I mean, unless he ditched as soon as he was done eating and left her with the bill knowing how expensive it would be. Either way he's obviously a giant asshole.

Comments

LadyRen 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
tounces7 27

I mean, unless he ditched as soon as he was done eating and left her with the bill knowing how expensive it would be. Either way he's obviously a giant asshole.

She offered to pay, but any good person knows that that doesn't mean you rack up a huge bill just cause someone else is paying. And if he's that much of a jerk he probably left before the bill or the second it got there. I imagine op was too stunned (by the price as well as him "dumping" her) to even say anything let alone tell him he can pay for his part.

Zachary8261 28

And how exactly do you know this?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think you should have picked the Restraunt and set some groud rules. I always do that when it's my treat.

corky1992 33

Maybe you should have stood your ground about which restaurant then and spoke up before he ordered. Sounds like you just expected him to pay instead. He didn’t make you pay when you were the one who said you’d be paying. It is still douchey to dump you after though.

How does this sound like she expected him to pay in any way? She just expected him to be a polite person.

The_candyman 13

he's a sick who wanted to take advantage of someone suvks to be you. I trust you will try to find a nice guy that treats you right.

What an asshole. Any sound adult would keep in mind if someone is a student on a budget and at least be thoughtful of how much he/she orders. He should've been flattered you were nice enough to offer a treat and let him choose the place. A lot of people in relationships still expect the guy to do it all or only go 50/50. He lost a decent lady. His loss.

What kind of monster acts like that? A: When someone broke offers to treat you, you choose affordable food. B: If you're about to dump someone, you don't manipulate them into going broke indulging you. Even if they voluntarily buy an expensive gift you refuse. I can't imagine the exBF was stupid enough to simply not notice he was being obnoxious. He likely wanted to lash out, to inconvenience and hurt OP. Who knows if there was a real reason for his animosity or a delusional one (one of those insanely jealous BFs who thinks OP was unfaithful just because they ignored his text for five minutes once) or maybe he's just that type of garbage person who automatically hates all their exes. Definitely feels like his rudeness was intentional though. Good to be free of a guy like that.

If he’s been paying and planned to dump OP, he probably saw it as getting some of his money back. Still a really shitty thing to do.

You offered to pay so don’t act pissed when the bill is what it is.

What if the bill was $1000? She offered to pay, right?

Yeah, she offered to pay, but he should have kept in mind that she's on a budget and found a more affordable restaurant. That said, when he picked an expensive restaurant, OP should have said, "Hey, look, I'm on a budget and can't really afford that. Can we go somewhere less expensive?"

What an asshole he will get pay back very soon I wouldn’t have paid we would be washing dishes together

Emma Marshall 19

Well why didn't you say something when he kept ordering heaps of shit