Smart

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 17:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date, the first one I've been on since my last boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. We were at a restaurant, and at the end of meal he insisted on paying the bill. He wanted to leave a 15% tip but couldn't work out in his head how much to leave. The bill was for £100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 928
You deserved it 14 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't that bad. Atleast he wasn't making you pay :)

be glad someone spent $100 on a first date for you, when it's just a dinner.

Comments

xXBlackAceXx 0

goddam ur boyfren is retarded

119 - i agree. if thats your biggest problem i envy you!

hosson 0

#30 is right. unless the whole date was like that, it's not that bad.

So he's not that good at math, that doesn't make him absolute garbage!

rmlboh 0

sooo..? some people aren't good at my not FML material

I just realized I read this FML totally wrong :-/ So my previous comment about climbing out a window.. Forget that. Anyway. You're seriously complaining about something stupid. I would be really appreciative of someone that spent that much on a dinner with me. Sure, it's embarrassing, but I doubt many people are gonna notice and say, "Oh, look! That idiot can't figure out 15% tip!". I think you just made a fool of yourself by putting this on here. He didn't have to spend that money nor did he even have to tip at all, even if it'd be rude if he didn't. Be thankful. Geez.

that's your complaint?! the guy is no good at math, that doesn't make him dumb. he spent £100 on dinner and you criticise him for it. no wonder you've stayed single. fhl

joa76 3

I don't know, not knowing that 15% of 100 is 15 is pretty dumb. I could see not being able to figure out 15% of 83.57. Whatever. But percent MEANS "out of a hundred." They teach you that in elementary school, sometime between 2nd and 4th grade if I remember correctly. If you can't figure out a percentage of 100...no. Just no.

First of all, your dumb for dating him...