Smart

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 17:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date, the first one I've been on since my last boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. We were at a restaurant, and at the end of meal he insisted on paying the bill. He wanted to leave a 15% tip but couldn't work out in his head how much to leave. The bill was for £100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 928
You deserved it 14 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't that bad. Atleast he wasn't making you pay :)

be glad someone spent $100 on a first date for you, when it's just a dinner.

Comments

OP, it's perfectly okay to have standards. Don't take to heart the haters that are saying it's the reason you've been single for a while. With that said, give the guy a break. like some others said, sometimes nerves just get the best of you. He sounds like a nice enough guy :)

Yes she's complaining - the whole point of percentages is that they're out of 100! So it shouldn't take too long for anyone to work out that 15% of $100 (or £ if they actually were in London) is going to be $15! Also, 15% is quite a good tip here in the UK, as restaurants can't pay below minimum wage and make up the difference with tips very easily, unlike in the USA where restaurant staff can end up relying on tips just to get by. Anyway, rant over but I agree this guy might not be the smartest guy around...

just how smart do you have to be to get laid?

joa76 3

Hopefully smart enough to know that 15% of 100 is 15...then again, there are plenty of undiscerning people who I'm sure wouldn't care how dumb someone is.

ydi for going to a resturant that is £50 a person

stop being so picky at least he paid.

op your a judgmental bitch, 1 date, takes you out to a nice dinner and all you do is insult him online? reality check sweetheart, if someone you hardly know has poor math skills is a **** your life, no one will have any sympathy for you when you actually have a real problem, you could have at least been nice to the guy and told him it wouldn't work out and move on, time to get off your high horse princess

if anything this is a **** his life for wasting time and money on a pretentious bitch

How come so many ppl r thinking it is $ - even if they don't kno what £ means she is in the UK & surprise they don't use $ all over the world. Anyway a guy who spends £ 100 on first date is a find, & u r complaining??

Well. To be frank a lot of Americans are ignorant to the fact that other people exist on the internet. I may get flamed for saying that but the evidence is everywhere.

dudeitsdanny 9

And some of us don't wanna copy and paste the £ sign, so we just use the $ sign. I'm on my iPod, so I can type it.. But I can't from my cellphone or laptop. You should go on a date with OP. Perfect pretentious match in pretentious heaven.

Yes you got a very good point, but 72 is right though let me give you an example, when i'm playing online games on my ps3 and i speak in spanish with my friends, people start yelling and complaining because they don't understand what we are saying, so they tell to shut the F... up because this is America and we speak english in America... lol i mean it is very ridiculous.

I don't want to continue to get flamed, but is laziness really an excuse? You/they could at least convert it into dollars, if they are saying "Woah $100 is a lot of money" They should at least note it is in fact around $150. My fact is still true anyway. I have been called a retard by Americans for spelling "realise" with an S and not a Z, or not knowing what a trapezoid is, and so i shall call Americans retarded in return. An eye for an eye truthfully only makes everyone a pirate and look bad ass.

Picking_Kuppies 0

Seems like a certain someone from the UK is a hypocrite. I've seen people from the UK do just as much as people from the US do. People from other English-speaking countries aren't exempt, either. People yell at me all the time for spelling "colour", "armour", "honour", "flavour", "neighbour", "rumour", "labour", "favourite" or even "paedo" wrong. People are boojes. Deal with it.

I'm not a hypocrite as i do none of those things, i know that your point is justified but yet so is mine!

FMLoverAgain 7

well now you know you can cheat him out of his fortune

hey at least he was offering to pay for you! he might not be so smart,but he is a nice man,now no need to judge math isn't my best subject! :p