Smart

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 17:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date, the first one I've been on since my last boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. We were at a restaurant, and at the end of meal he insisted on paying the bill. He wanted to leave a 15% tip but couldn't work out in his head how much to leave. The bill was for £100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 928
You deserved it 14 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't that bad. Atleast he wasn't making you pay :)

be glad someone spent $100 on a first date for you, when it's just a dinner.

Comments

Yeah in the UK we normally only give around 10-15% tips and that's only if the service is good enough to earn it!

In the UK, waiters aren't treated as buskers who have to beg for change. They're paid a proper wage. 15% would be a massive tip. In a lot of countries, overtipping is seen as insulting, either implying that the waiter needs your charity or you're trying to boast about how rich you are in comparison to them. In some places, there is no tipping at all, and the waiters will chase you down the street thinking you've forgotten your change. The UK is somewhere between there and the US - no-one would complain about being overtipped, but you'd probably be seen as a wanker who was behaving weirdly.

prettybirdq 0

Wow. You are complaining about that? You get to whine about not being on a date and then be a total snob?

I wait tables, $15 on a hundred is a very Shitty tip youre better off without him

perdix 29

He could solve the simple math problem because all the blood had glowed out of his brain and began pooling further south. When a guy spends so much on a date, he fully expects sex -- he could have purchased a decent ***** for less.

Brighton_Goose 0

or several low quality ones...

Did you tell him it was fifteen pounds? It sounds like he bought you a nice dinner and might have been a little nervous. And I know a 15% tip over there is not just 'okay' like here in the states but pretty good... I don't understand why you're complaining...

What's that I smell? Why, sir, it's an ingrate!

HarlemzAngelita 0

ur retarded bitxh the nigga was bein nice to you and a real gentlemen n the best FML u can come up with was that?!?! sth^ attention *****.

what the hell she never said she didn't appreciate the meal she said he couldnt f do math. and I believe dumbasses that if she ain't with him and he paid that ain't a golddigger by the way grammar Nazis I no my grammar is horrible in this

I don't really see how this is that much of an FML for you.