Smart

By Anonymous - 16/03/2011 17:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date, the first one I've been on since my last boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. We were at a restaurant, and at the end of meal he insisted on paying the bill. He wanted to leave a 15% tip but couldn't work out in his head how much to leave. The bill was for £100. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 928
You deserved it 14 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't that bad. Atleast he wasn't making you pay :)

be glad someone spent $100 on a first date for you, when it's just a dinner.

Comments

Some people just aren't good at math. That doesn't mean he's a bad person. You agreed to a date with him, so clearly he has some good qualities. It sounds like he bought a very nice dinner for a first date. Plus he was leaving a decent tip, which in my book is always a plus. (Providing the service warranted it, of course.) Give the guy a break.

Sheilatakeabow 0

Hahahahaha, are you mad? You probably haven't been to any of the countries in Britain/the UK. We're not all smart.

Proven smarter than most Americans, yes, but you do find stupid Brits as well.

Person000 0

yes that's why the majority of new technology and inventions have come from the US . If you really think we are that stupid, come over here and see and stop watching all that shit that stereotypes us as stupid. You say shit about us, then I will say shit about you. It's a proven fact that Brits are buck tooth, ungrateful ******* that would be speaking German if not for my grandfather.

monnanon 13

@Person000 I think you'll find most new tech has come from Japan. Another point if it wasn't for tech from Britain like the telephone, TV ex cetera then there would be no pcs no games consoles and no mobiles.

#326: You're pretty damn ignorant, you know. Philo Farnswoth was USian and Grey, another USian, practically raced Bell (who, while he was born in Edinburgh, had been in the Americas for a nontrivial time before his telephone invention) to the patent office, so it's hard to say that TV & telephone are British to any degree. Even worse, you're also leaving out a man named Alan Turing and the entire Bletchley Park station. The former is essentially the father of computer science and both Turing and Bletchley Park massively helped advance cryptology, in addition to the whole "winning WWII" thing. But, yes, Eastern Asia and Western Europe are pushing the envelop even now on a lot of things. Hell, while Fermilab is ******* impressive, I remind you that CERN (home of the Large Hadron Collider among many, many other things) is European, not USian.

monnanon 13

The television is a british invention by John Logie Baird. I stand corrected on the telephone tho.

And I stand corrected about Baird. I did not realise that there had been an electromechanical system before Farnsworth's all-electronic TV. Still, either way, I think we can agree that Turing is a huge point in favour of the British.

A dude took you out for a $100 dinner and all you do is complain about something stupid! There are very smart people in the world that can't do math in their heads! It doesn't mean he's stupid! You are a judge-mental B and probably won't have a date for another 6 months! FML for the poor guy that wasted his time and money on you!

Goddess_Rummy 13

I concur. Guys like that are hard to come by.

meezydagreat 0

op is just ungrateful op would be lucky to get another date in 6 years with that attitude

ilovemyboys 0

fyl cuz u got a 100 dollar dinner paid for and he wasn't that good at math!? what a retard! no wonder u have been single for so long!

TCoop1515 0

thats not that bad? ever think that maybe the reason you were single is that all you do is complain? everyone has their weak subjects, give the man a break.

...I'm getting the craziest feeling that maybe this guy wasn't such a smart cookie :P

You're complaining? No wonder you've been on your own for 6 months. Enjoy celibacy!

princessjasmine2_fml 0

No wonder you've been single for the past six months. A guy spends $100 on a meal and you insult his math skills.

Yeah but this is less bad math and more HOLY SHIT HOW DUMB ARE YOU?!

XxPurplePandaxX 0

wow xP I learned tip in like... 5th grade O.o aha good luck OP x]

rtm11745 0

wow, so you found a guy who was nice enough to treat you right and cover a hundred dollar meal. nice of you to repay him by basically calling him stupid online. not tryn to be a jerk but i kinda feel bad for the guy. yeah i get it it's simple math but c'mon if that's enough to say ur life is ****** then congrats cuz I'd say you have it pretty good but ur standards might be just a tad high...