Silver linings

By Anonymous - 16/12/2009 19:28 - United States

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend of over a year told me that he will never marry me because we are different ethnicities and his parents don't approve. I was of course very upset and crying. His way to comfort me was by saying, "Don't worry, I will always cheat on my wife with you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 199
You deserved it 3 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blackturquoise08 0

GET OUT, CHEAT ON HIS WIFE? POOR WOMAN THAT MARRIES HIM! Find someone who isnt attachted at the umbilical cord to their racist parents and will marry you despite what people think

Comments

kswissonez 0

Will people realize that white and black isnt the only race, and OP I have sympathy for you and I will be entirely happy for my kid to get married to anybody just as long as they keep each other happy. . .

unknownuser1234 0

Agree! My exboyfriend is African. I am African American. If his parents knew we were dating, they would not have approved. Others, quit thinking in terms of white and black. Segregation exists amongst groups of the same or similar race. People use any disparity imaginable to separate themselves from others.

a REAL bf would marry you anyway . his parents can burn in hell ... racist bastards .

Flutist 3

She should know that the parents are racist despite the fact that the boyfriend wants/or doesn't want to marry her. It would be a terrible burden to put on her if his parents were going to endeavor to make her marriage a living hell. Despite agreeing that true love knows no boarders, the Op is better off knowing that the boyfriend, like the parents, has low morals. He is telling her she is unworthy of being more than a mistress. What kind of person decides this is the type of life for someone they "love." She is better off, despite the emotional pain right now. I think this is a blessing, now Op can find someone who loves her for who she is, not the sex or color of her skin.

Animetalchick 0

Dump that jerk D: a real boyfriend would stay committed to you, no matter what you look like or what race you are. People need to get over racism.

Animetalchick 0

Dump that jerk D: a real boyfriend would stay committed to you, no matter what you look like or what race you are. People need to get over racism.

MaddogTotten 0

In a way, I disagree with you. People need to embrace the things that make them different than everyone else. The best thing about the world is how diverse it is. If we were all the same it would be boring. What people need to do is be accepting of each other, and treat other people with respect. If certain groups of people choose not to intermingle with other races, that is fine and we should be respectful of it. All that we can ask is that they treat people from other races fairly, and accept that every person is deserving of the same respect. It is important that people preserve their culture, and throwing it away is not something that should be done lightly. I DO agree that they should have the choice to do so, but think that it is a good idea to give it a lot of thought before doing so. People shouldn't just abandon their beliefs because "they're soooo in wuuv".

unknownuser1234 0

Respect entails being honest. Let’s be respectful at all times, not when it is convenient for us. Let’s be respectful across the board, you, me, the OP, the OP’s boyfriend, the OP’s boyfriend’s parents. The OP’s boyfriend actions were far from respectful. If the boyfriend's parents do not allow him to marry someone he is “soooo [much] in wuuv” with, the parents are not respectful of his decisions. You gave us two options and told us to choose earlier. Now you choose: disrespect your child’s decision and preserve your culture or disregard an aspect of your culture and respect your child’s decision. "Why do people - as im quoting you, im thinking of you in specific - always have to have it both ways?" :)

UnivBrat72 0

eh. its just a year. If you feel like being a mistress in five, look him up.

well, heres some free speech! You're an asshole. And so is that other racist ass. I'm surprised you can dress yourself in the morning. Or does your mommy help you put on your clan robes?

Flutist 3

Oh wait is he Black? No, Asian? No Arabic? Because knowing his race and making fun of her for being a "white girl" or a "crybaby" really helps. My bad. I forgot that racism is the new in right now. Op, I hope you find happiness and someone to love you.