Rain check?

By Egtat216 - 29/07/2016 22:03 - United Kingdom - Aberdeen

Today, whilst tuning my guitar, one of the steel strings snapped and hit me in the face. Now I'm on my way to my first date with the girl of my dreams, and I'm wearing an eye patch and have a thick red line across my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 404
You deserved it 1 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP. Maybe when you tell her that you play guitar, she'll be impressed and you'll get to play for her on your second date!

If you can play the guitar at least decently for her she might understand and appreciate the sacrifices you sometimes have to make.

Comments

If you can play the guitar at least decently for her she might understand and appreciate the sacrifices you sometimes have to make.

Chin up OP. Maybe when you tell her that you play guitar, she'll be impressed and you'll get to play for her on your second date!

or she'll think he really can't play, given OP's current state...

neuronerd 28

Just explain what happened. If she truly is the girl of your dreams, she'll be understanding. I know having that happen can hurt your confidence a bit, though.

"You're too young to have been in the Vietnam War." "What? A guy can't go on vacation?"

You could just explain what happened and get some sympathy points. Or tell her you got into an epic battle! "If you think this is bad, you should see the ninjas!"

Hell yeah! Tell her how hard you trained and learned all the sick ass kicking moves watching kung-fu panda.

Well... girls love musicians... lol just tell her what happened so she can laugh because I know I'd laugh...

Tell her you had a accident and reschedule with her

Never reschedule a first date. Bad impression

I know there are girls out there who are into pirates. Just get yourself a parrot and maybe a hook for good measure.

he could use the gem of a pickup line "If you were a pirate, would you want your parrot on this shoulder" <touches date's shoulder> "or this shoulder?" <touches the other shoulder so you get your arm around them>

Aye matey i like me lads with eyepatches and scars yo ho ! ...If ya looking for me, i be sailing out the door.

I don't know why people are thumbing you down; I happen to get a kick out of terrible pick-up lines. You just have to do them right (intentionally cheesy, not dumb and sleazy).

And you have a good conversation starter

JMichael 25

I haven't had one hit me in the face yet, but I've broken several strings tuning my guitars..lesson I've learned: always buy more than one pack of strings at a time!

Not helpful in OP'S situation/current FML.